EWWW Moments

AZ TRAVEL

When we were on a cruise with friends, they called us over after we boarded and were unpacking to show us one of the drawers in their cabin that had been forgotten about by the previous residents (and apparently the cabin steward, as well).

Along with sexy ladies underwear, there was a big purple adult toy lying in the drawer.

EWWWWWW...I mean, ya know that this stuff is around and all, and hey, I'm glad they had fun, but to SEE it there left by someone else?!?! Good thing we had lysol :)

so exactly how did you get rid of it?

Maybe that was an added "tip" for the cabin steward for the great work they had performed during the cruise.

"See sometimes the stewards don't want the tip either."

I can't wait to cruise in two weeks. I haven't seen people throwing up uncontrollably since I was going to the bars in college. I'm not slender by any means, and the shorts I've packed go down to my knees, so thank me later. Also I wanted to post something so I can see my cruise countdown :)

Note to self: don't forget to repack Mr. Schlongadong...

Excursion guide in cozumel was sick and coughed bad into his bare hand (sounded like a loogie came up) then he shook everyones hand and asked them to stand to the side while we waited for the rest of the people to show. Luckily I had remembered to bring hand sanitizer and our group passed it around all afternoon. Totally disgusting.

so exactly how did you get rid of it?

They called the cabin steward and asked him to nicely take care of the belongings in the drawer that weren't theirs. I will assume he put on some gloves and took care of it. They were nice about it, of course, but it makes you really think about how well the cabins can really be cleaned between cruises.

That's why we still lysol-ed all the drawers :D

When we were on a cruise with friends, they called us over after we boarded and were unpacking to show us one of the drawers in their cabin that had been forgotten about by the previous residents (and apparently the cabin steward, as well).

Along with sexy ladies underwear, there was a big purple adult toy lying in the drawer.

EWWWWWW...I mean, ya know that this stuff is around and all, and hey, I'm glad they had fun, but to SEE it there left by someone else?!?! Good thing we had lysol :)

Must of been the "goody drawer" everyone has one of those ;)

On the Victory in 2002 we were docked in Cozumel and DH and I turned back to see if we could see which room was ours..sadly we never continued looking.

We spotted a woman in her oceanview cabin..took a double take...the woman was naked with a man behind her....I would have advised her "put um on the glass" however those puppies were rockin and rollin....and we were docked so there were no high seas....I guess she thought we could not see her....

I agree with you. I brought a box of latex gloves on my cruise a couple weeks ago and used them in the buffet line all the time.

please don't bring LATEX gloves around food. More and more people are allergic to Latex. ( including me!) Non latex gloves will serve your purpose just fine and save someone like me from a life-threatening outbreak. I take medicine so I won't react to latex...but why push the issue. ( I know that some food stations do use latex and I try to educate folks whenever I can.)

I can recall the thread sometime ago about a "fluffy" woman being worried about how she would be perceived on a cruise and she received so much incredible support from this board. So to picture this man's photo, without his permission I might add and mock him flies in the face of all that good will, particularly under a thread about things that make you go ewwwwww.

I agree with you pickle, it's rather sad isn't it?

But karma happens, I believe this.:D

I agree with you pickle, it's rather sad isn't it?

But karma happens, I believe this.:D

From as young as I can remember I have struggled with my weight and been a yo-yo since my teens to now(my late 20s). Several years ago I lost 90lbs and have kept all but 30 of it off. I can tell you that there is not a single day, multiple times throughout the day that I do not think about my weight and it becomes a horribly vicious cycle because for some reason you eat when you are depressed.

I truly believe skinny people by nature will never understand that struggle..and you are lucky bc it is truly god awful to be in that situation EVERYDAY.

I have made my share of BAD jokes and in bad taste..that is someones son, brother, fathers picture...what if it was yours?

Just some perspective...ok back to bad jokes

From as young as I can remember I have struggled with my weight and been a yo-yo since my teens to now(my late 20s). Several years ago I lost 90lbs and have kept all but 30 of it off. I can tell you that there is not a single day, multiple times throughout the day that I do not think about my weight and it becomes a horribly vicious cycle because for some reason you eat when you are depressed.

I truly believe skinny people by nature will never understand that struggle..and you are lucky bc it is truly god awful to be in that situation EVERYDAY.

I have made my share of BAD jokes and in bad taste..that is someones son, brother, fathers picture...what if it was yours?

WTG keeping it off Florida, I know it's a struggle for many people.

And to make fun of someone about their weight, height, big nose, zits, whatever it's rather childish and insecure in my opinion.

I firmly believe we get what we give in life, and eventually those that do the merrymaking at the expense of others will feel that, if not for themselves, then someone they love......... time is a great equalizer imo.

Why do people need to laugh at the expense of others? Sad isn't it?

<kicks away the soapbox>

I think you need to re-read that post. :confused:

OK now for my ewwwwwwwww moment. I was at the buffet (of course) in line for a nice salad. There was a joyful older gentleman ahead of me in line.

Had the nicest brightest smile and greatest attitude, but he was dishing up his salad and used his finger to get every last drop on his plate and then licked his fingers and went on to the next salad, same procedure.

That's when my naive brain realized that eating in a dish up your own salad bar was not a brilliant move. So I now just skip the salad when we eat buffett......:(

Oh and lots of times in the bathroom seeing people leave a stall and waltz out without washing their hands, or simply rinsing one hand and not washing, which is just GROSS and can spread the dreaded Norovirus, ewwwwwwwwwww

I only wish those people would have had to endure microbiology and swab the doorhandles and toilet flushes in the bathrooms.........ick, they would WASH

Carole

LOL--I need help--I have re-read it 50 times...

Basically pickle stated that those making fun of the overweight people are a bad representation to the people on these boards, she was chastising those that were making rude jokes, and I agreed with her.

Your post to me sounded like you were angry at my post:eek:...... so I wrote another post putting my views a little more clear (which I try not to do too much cause I'm a little outspoken and can be taken wrong at times)

So hopefully you understand now ;)

Carole

Basically pickle stated that those making fun of the overweight people are a bad representation to the people on these boards, she was chastising those that were making rude jokes, and I agreed with her.

Your post to me sounded like you were angry at my post:eek:...... so I wrote another post putting my views a little more clear (which I try not to do too much cause I'm a little outspoken and can be taken wrong at times)

So hopefully you understand now ;)

Carole

Nope was not at all directed at you...i quoted you because I was jumping on your bandwagon and I agreed with you....Felt like a good time for a wo is me moment

Nope was not at all directed at you...i quoted you because I was jumping on your bandwagon and I agreed with you....Felt like a good time for a wo is me moment

See why I try not to be too vocal? so much misconstued in print!~!!!

;):D you can jump on my bandwagon any day btw

And there was this guy.

At the end of the day, I'm sure he's pretty miserable. I'm a big man but not that large. I normally keep my shirt mostly so I don't get sunburned.

Sure the guy is fat, but it appears he has an actual swimsuit on. Just not sure he needs to ridiculed here. Trust me, he's plenty miserable without your help.

Alright, it's early in the morning and it appears that I can't help myself from expelling my two cents. As a health care provider, I find obesity in no way funny- I find it tragic and heartbreaking and I see both the emotional and physical pains that accompany it. However, that being said, I also think that dressing appropriately for your body structure and size is not unreasonable. I'm a reasonably petite girl with a very large behind- just telling it how it is- which it why I can get away with an XS top... but not an XS bottom. It simply doesn't fit. In fact, anything smaller than a M on the bottom just looks silly (and keeping it from appearing as a thong is simply impossible). In the same way, and XL top would look like a swimming pool on me- it just doesn't fit. Regardless of your body type, dressing to fit makes you look the best you can with whatever body you have- and is appealing to observers as well. No one is making fun of these people because they are obese- they are making fun of them because they can't dress themselves. And that, my friend, is funny no matter your size. ;)

Archived