Glacier Bay

stevenikkij

Not a recommendation, but both NCL and Carnival also go to Glacier Bay this season. NCL Pearl goes there every week and the Carnival Spirit has one itinerary at the end of its Alaska season that goes to Glacier Bay.

Also, not all HAL and Princess itineraries visit Glacier Bay so you will need to check the ones you are interested in to find out for sure.

Thanks for all of your replies- it is helping us narrow wade through all of these Alaskan cruises. It's alot of research and we want to see one of the main things as alot of the people probably won't do an Alaskan cruise again. My family probably will more than likely- as I have been wanting to do an Alaskan cruise and see Alaska's interior since I was young. :) When do the dates usually come out for summer 2011?

Who are the cruiselines that go to Glacier Bay- I have heard that we should definitely see this for our cruise?

With such a basic question, absolutely the best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

The TA will have information on ALL the possible approaches to cruising Glacier Bay. On this board you will only get the experience of one or maybe a few cruises on a few lines.

Once you have the general information, then if you have specific questions this board is a great place to get details.

Having said that, we have been to Glacier Bay on both Princess and HAL. Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/alaska.html and http://www.bully4.us/alaskaZ.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks for all of your replies- it is helping us narrow wade through all of these Alaskan cruises. It's alot of research and we want to see one of the main things as alot of the people probably won't do an Alaskan cruise again. My family probably will more than likely- as I have been wanting to do an Alaskan cruise and see Alaska's interior since I was young. :) When do the dates usually come out for summer 2011?

I think they come out sometime in the Spring,

but what the heck come with us this Sept. 7th,

We have a CC Group going it should be fun

Sailing away to Glacier Bay...

I think they come out sometime in the Spring,

but what the heck come with us this Sept. 7th,

We have a CC Group going it should be fun

Sailing away to Glacier Bay...

Thanks for the offer- LOL- but we are doing a Disney cruise for my daughter's 8th birthday that week. :) I can't wait to do an Alaskan cruise- and about 20 members of my family are going!!:)

I did ALOT of research when choosing our Alaskan cruise and thanks to the advice received here....we selected NCL Pearl out of Seattle. Royal Caribbean is our favorite cruiseline, but we have sailed on Carnival and NCL in the past. We usually choose a cruise by itinerary first then cost, etc. So here are the reasons why we chose NCL Pearl.

1. It goes to Glacier Bay

2. It is Round trip from Seattle, which was alot cheaper then flying anywhere else.

3. It sailed in the inside passage going up to Glacier Bay and coming back, as opposed to some cruises that sails in the open seas on the way up.

4. It sails on a Sunday.....where we can fly up the day before, without taking an extra day off work.

We set sail in May, so I can't tell you if we made the right decision....but those are the reasons we chose NCL.

Archived