Lost Luggage on Vision of Seas

Upon departing Vision of the Seas today, I am missing one large suitcase which no one can seem to locate. Completed missing personal property report. Did not purchase cruise insurance - am I screwed? Am a platinum member, will try contacting them first thing Monday morning for assistance in locating my luggage. To add insult to injury, Southwest then lost my remaining two bags, so I arrived home with absolutely no luggage thanks to a lot of screwups. Any suggestions?

Wow! You got a bum deal!

At least Southwest will deliver your luggage to you on the next flight in . . . I'm not sure about the cruise line. How could they have lost your luggage?:confused:

Best of luck!

Even insurance often comes with limitations that end up with you getting reimbursed for less than you lost. Without the insurance, you'll probably not fare even that well. It cannot hurt to ask for some compensation, but don't expect any since you're legally not entitled to it.

I would also wait a day or two..... you would be surprised........it might show up......go ahead and file it missing and ask for compensation......can't hurt......but it may show up in a day or two.......especially the SW airlines luggage

It will probably show up at some time. The bag from the ship was probably picked up by someone by mistake which they will notice when they go to unpack.

The airline bags should show up as they just made a short detour somewhere. I just got my bag last Thursday that was lost 20 Dec going from Atlanta to San Juan. It was late out of Florida and forwarded to St. Maarten to catch up with the ship but arrived after we had alrady left. It was discovered sitting in another airlines baggage area last weekend. It then even got misdirected to Dulles airport on it's way to Houston.:)

Bummer, not good luck at all. I hope your luggage finds its way home somehow.

In the future, if you don't already do so, make sure you have two luggage tags on the outside of your luggage, plus one on the inside. Always take off any old airline tags, many times luggage goes to the wrong place because of the tags.

If your luggage has proper ID, it will eventually make it home to you. The only luggage that goes lost from you forever is not identifiable, or stolen. You can claim your lost luggage on your homeowners insurance, but that may not be the smartest move to make, check with your agent before making a claim like that.

Received two follow-up calls from Southwest - who would have thought a cheap airline had it together more than Royal Caribbean! My two lost bags from Southwest will be here tomorrow via Fed Ex. Still no word from Royal Caribbean. Actually the phone number for lost luggage on the claim form is answered by Grayline. Seems like RCCL contracts their luggage service out. Doesn't sound too promising. It just seems bizarre to me that Royal Caribbean doesn't accept responsiblity once they remove your bags from your stateroom hallway the last night. That is the last time I saw my bag. I think I have insurance through my Visa platinum credit card for lost luggage, but today is a holiday at my credit union so will try calling tomorrow. Lesson - always put a tag inside your luggage with name/address/phone just in case.

I must say after 15 cruises in the last five years this is a first! Still no bag from Royal Caribbean. Said to wait TWO WEEKS! Checked back with Vision of the Seas port terminal and definitely not there. Always divide husbands/my clothing in two suitcases so now we both are short on clothing. Just seems a shame that several of my favorite cruise formal dresses (and my 25th wedding vow renewal dress) are probably gone forever. I have always hated people who slow up the line at port carrying all their luggage on, but now I definitely understand why. I feel Royal Caribbean is definitely responsible for this because they should have matched luggage tags with receipts and they don't. It is an unorganized mess at the port upon departure! Other than this sad ending, we would definitely rate the Vision as one of our favorite cruises! We had great ports and travelled with a group of ten friends and had an amazing time.

FINALLY, received my lost bag today after nine days from - get this - Norwegian Cruise Lines in Miami - not Royal Caribbean! Note on my bag said "Left beside bus at Terminal #3 on Royal Caribbean City Tour". I was never booked on that tour. Go figure! Someone (or an agrresive porter) picked up my bag and then left it on the curb at the San Pedro port when they realized their error. There were plenty of identification tags on my bag, so that was not the problem. There has to be a better system. I don't understand why they don't check bags with identifcation and claim checks. Anyone can just walk out with anyones luggage. Apparently it is more cost effective to take chances with cruise passengers luggage and hope for the best.

If you have homeowners insurance this loss will be covered by them. One time my daughter left her luggage in a hotel room and it was not there when housekeeping checked the room. My homeowners just asked for a list of what was inside the luggage and wrote a check minus my $100.00 deductible. I gave the check to my daughter and she bought new clothes. It took a little less than a week.

FINALLY, received my lost bag today after nine days from - get this - Norwegian Cruise Lines in Miami - not Royal Caribbean! Note on my bag said "Left beside bus at Terminal #3 on Royal Caribbean City Tour". I was never booked on that tour. Go figure! Someone (or an agrresive porter) picked up my bag and then left it on the curb at the San Pedro port when they realized their error. There were plenty of identification tags on my bag, so that was not the problem. There has to be a better system. I don't understand why they don't check bags with identifcation and claim checks. Anyone can just walk out with anyones luggage. Apparently it is more cost effective to take chances with cruise passengers luggage and hope for the best.

All's well that ends well! Thanks for giving us the ending to this saga. :)

FINALLY, received my lost bag today after nine days from - get this - Norwegian Cruise Lines in Miami - not Royal Caribbean! Note on my bag said "Left beside bus at Terminal #3 on Royal Caribbean City Tour".

We were recently on an RCI transport to LAX from San Pedro. Most of the passengers got off at terminal 1, as did their luggage. The bus driver sort of turned pale when I told him which storage bin he had put our luggage in. I immeadiatly thought he had put it out with all the other luggage back at terminal 1. Fortunately he hadn't and he even muttered something to the effect of thank God when he opened that section up and all our bags were there.

I tag my luggage with several colorful hospital bands (4 different colors) Large hard plastic luggage tags I got when I was flying out of SeaTac that clearly say SeaTac Park on them. I also put large brightly colored luggage straps on each bag. Much to my surprise, when the porter pulled my bags off the carousel in Miami, another passenger came over and, without asking or making comment, examined the name on one of the 5 luggage tags I had on my bag.

Now when I saw him pull his luggage of the carousel, I sort of understood his confusion. His bags were exactly like mine with a couple of notable differences. For one, he didn't have ANY luggage bands on his luggage, mine had very bright rainbow colored luggage tags visable for several hundred yards. His bags also had only ONE standard name tag on them. My luggage has one white, one blue, one red and one purple hospital band on the handle as well as the afore mentioned green and white SeaTac park luggage tag.

In my mind there is no way anyone with half a brain could have confused my bags with his but he seemed to almost manage it. I'm glad I spotted my bags before he did. Otherwise I might not have made it home with my bags from that trip.

In San Pedro I was a little irritated that all the luggage was just set out for anyone to grab. No one checking ID's or tag numbers. It seemed like a ripe situation for someone to lose their luggage.

If you have enough identification tags on a bag it will show up at sometime. Someone, somewhere will get tired of seeing a bag setting in the corner and finally go ove and look at it.

There are very few ports or airports that check the claim tags with the bags.:)

Hey, glad your bags are back. I've got a question for you now - Exactly how many nights were formal/semiformal/casual/smart casual, etc. I've heard that the nights are not exactly in line with what is printed in the brochure, and I'm trying to plan my packing. Thanks. Cheryl

We had two formal nights on the Vision. Port days were resort casual. You are going to have an amazing time. This ship was one of my favorites so far (other than the lost bag)! One of the employees on the ship mentioned they were rated number two in the Royal Caribbean fleet. I can believe that. Food, rooms, entertainment, everything was top notch. Great time.

Archived