Room Service

ufmurphys

We are sailing on the Explorer for the first time and wondered if the room service menu is fairly limited or not:confused:. We have sailed once on Disney and the kids enjoyed ordering cookies and Pizza through room service. Thanks :rolleyes:

I dont think it is, I know from what I have experienced, that pretty much anything that I have requested, even if it isnt on the menu, they have accomadated for me from room service. At dinner time, you can even order the same food that is being served in the main dining rooms as well.

I have found the menus to be very limited. But, pizza and cookies have always been on the menu. Along with salads, sandwiches, burgers, fries, cheesecake, soup.

We have not sailed the Explorer yet.

When we cruise with the kids, they must have it in their computer that we have kids with us because they always say....would you like extra cookies for the kid? How about potato chips? The kids get better room service than us...LOL

Your son will be happy with the menu :)

Bobbie

The key is, just call and ask for something, even if you dont see it on the menu, 9 times out of 10, as long as they have it on the ship and you are pleasant, they will get it for you. I have never had a problem.

:)

We are sailing on May 22nd. The kids get out of school on the 24th. We couldn't believe the jump in prizes for the next week so they will have to miss the last 2 days of school. I have not looked into the roll calls at all so can't advise. I would love to hear all about your trip when you return. Our route is western how about you? :)

UF....we're doing Eastern this time. Last year we did Western on Navigator. Had a total blast. Went to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Ocho Rios, and Nassau. The weather for the entire week was nothing short of perfect. I work for a public school system here in VA so I know about paying those higher "vacation time" prices. OUCH! We went during spring break last year, and are doing so again this year.

What ports will you be visiting?

Robin

We traveled on the Explorer several years ago, maiden year, and are departing on 13 Feb on the next trip on the EOS.

The room service was whatever was available. Breakfast was the full range of Windjammer food. Lunch was burger and fries, pizza. Dinner was the menu for the night dinner.

Don't forge the $2 bills for tipping room service.

REady to cruise, packet in mail last week.

Thanks Candleonwater, but I'll be on Explorer, not Mariner. I'm wondering if the fact that the cruise ends on Easter Sunday is deterring some from going. An online website shows lots of rooms still available. Guess that just means more room for us :D

Archived