Rum Runners Worked

debtmkr

We had 4 Rum Runners in our bags and friends had 5 in their bags..... all made it. Others firends had 1 pint bottle of rum in their bag --- and got called to the bad room to pick up their luggage.

So they work ---

I have to laugh. Read all the posts about the naughty room and have never been invited as of yet.. Often have rolled a case of beer in with me walking on, packed one in my suitcase or actually brought on board from port(thing of the past now). Going on the Oasis i figured the gig was up. Bought a 12 pk for each suitcase. wrapped up and packed them; No problem. I actually think i could have taken thru port security here. We had 6300 on board, don't you know they had bigger headaches to get us on than pulling alcohol?

Now at the ports, the new scanners I believe are for the PURPOSE of detecting alcohol and not security. They hollar, flowered beach bag and zapped you are stopped. I rec you always have a coke bottle in bag to show. Bought 2 beer bottles to test and they stopped us.

Prices - Domestic beer is 5.15 while in florida waters and 4.89 at sea with tax/tip. It is cheaper than NYC but higher than most here in the south. I just don't understand the mentality of overcharging. If it was moderately priced I don't think most of us would worry about a few for the cabin instead of smuggling. Cowboy stadium has NFL pricing= $8 for 16 oz domestice and $14 drinks, WOW.. Jerry needs to pay for that space ship...

If you were caught, post what you did wrong?

PS: think i'll work on my taste for spirits again and buy some rum runners.. LOLOLOL!!!! The world of why not!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We had 4 Rum Runners in our bags and friends had 5 in their bags..... all made it. Others firends had 1 pint bottle of rum in their bag --- and got called to the bad room to pick up their luggage.

So they work ---

Any tips on how to pack them?

We were on the Oasis 4/17 - 4/24. One of our cruise mates packed two large Scope White bottles filled with vodka in her bags and had no trouble getting them aboard. The Scope White bottles are just as it says, “white” and you cannot see through them as you can with a regular Scope bottle. It’s just another way to get it aboard. For me personally, DW and I have enough issues with getting our luggage weight under 50 lbs. (per airline luggage regs.) so I do not think about carrying liquor aboard.

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… but on the way

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

We were on the Oasis 4/17 - 4/24. One of our cruise mates packed two large Scope White bottles filled with vodka in her bags and had no trouble getting them aboard. The Scope White bottles are just as it says, “white” and you cannot see through them as you can with a regular Scope bottle. It’s just another way to get it aboard. For me personally, DW and I have enough issues with getting our luggage weight under 50 lbs. (per airline luggage regs.) so I do not think about carrying liquor aboard.

We always fly with the empty Rum Runners and make a trip to the closest liquor store the night before to pick up some Crown. Helps with the weight issue and the rum runners collapse so flat, they take up no space when empty. Used them on two cruises now and about to try again in two weeks!

I always pack my Rum Runners in my luggage under the lining, it zips open. And over it, I put my sun screen, hair spray, shampoo and other items with screw caps and spray tops. If they ever were to check, they would see all of those items and not the flasks. I have also walked through one port with one in my carry-on. It contained vanilla syrup for my coffee and not alcohol, but it was not checked in the least.

I always pack my Rum Runners in my luggage under the lining, it zips open. And over it, I put my sun screen, hair spray, shampoo and other items with screw caps and spray tops. If they ever were to check, they would see all of those items and not the flasks. I have also walked through one port with one in my carry-on. It contained vanilla syrup for my coffee and not alcohol, but it was not checked in the least.

That's a good idea! I never thought of the lining. I was gonna put it in my big cosmetics bag that will have all my hair products...but I'll try the lining idea. I also heard some people stack em against the sides of the suitcase so they'll be less detectable when xrayed

I have to laugh. Read all the posts about the naughty room and have never been invited as of yet.. Often have rolled a case of beer in with me walking on, packed one in my suitcase or actually brought on board from port(thing of the past now). Going on the Oasis i figured the gig was up. Bought a 12 pk for each suitcase. wrapped up and packed them; No problem. I actually think i could have taken thru port security here. We had 6300 on board, don't you know they had bigger headaches to get us on than pulling alcohol?

Now at the ports, the new scanners I believe are for the PURPOSE of detecting alcohol and not security. They hollar, flowered beach bag and zapped you are stopped. I rec you always have a coke bottle in bag to show. Bought 2 beer bottles to test and they stopped us.

Prices - Domestic beer is 5.15 while in florida waters and 4.89 at sea with tax/tip. It is cheaper than NYC but higher than most here in the south. I just don't understand the mentality of overcharging. If it was moderately priced I don't think most of us would worry about a few for the cabin instead of smuggling. Cowboy stadium has NFL pricing= $8 for 16 oz domestice and $14 drinks, WOW.. Jerry needs to pay for that space ship...

If you were caught, post what you did wrong?

PS: think i'll work on my taste for spirits again and buy some rum runners.. LOLOLOL!!!! The world of why not!

I have been known to take a case of Molson with me on cruises. They always make it, thankfully. Last cruise we did the case AND the RR's. Sweating bullets until the luggage arrives and it did :) If they sold Molson in the Carib I wouldn't have a problem buying it. They just don't!

Do they change the taste at all? I have used some "food grade" plastic flasks (not rumrunners) that add a nasty flavor.

Not at all. I like Bacardi 8 and they have never ruined the taste one bit. Very odd sort of plastic - almost not like plastic. Hard to explain!

Archived