Clip and Zip and West Bay Beach

momtogo

My family and I would like to do the zipline :eek: at Mahogany Bay but would also like to go to West Bay Beaches for the afternoon. We are in port from 12:00-7:00 and would like to be back on the boat by 5:30 so we are on time for our early dinner seating. Clip and Zip is 45 min to one hour. Will there be enough time to get to a West Bay Beach and back and still have enough time to enjoy the beach? Would you recommend a cab or booking the Bodden beach bus? Also, does anyone have recommendation for a particular area we should go to in West Bay? We would like beach chairs and possibly a float mat or kayaks? Would Foster's be a good option? Just want to maximize our time while in port and also see some of the island. Thanks for any advice.

• 4 months later...

I am booking thru Victor Bodden b/c I want to zipline and do the beach. My trip isn't until Sept but this is some info I've collected from scouring these boards. I've read there is plenty of time for the tour with Victor and he takes you to West Bay after for some great snorkeling.

Tabayana Beach is on West Bay beach. The snorkeling is amazing and you only have to go out about 40 feet from the beach and you are in beautiful reef.

Plus the beach is beautiful, you'll have access to bathroom facilities, bar/restaurant, live calypso music... what more can you ask for!?!?

The 20 or 30 feet of beach next to the water is PUBLIC, not private.

Hope this helps...and sorry for not giving credit to the original posters (hope this is allowed)...guess I'll find out:o

We were worried whether we would have time to do everything we wanted in Roatan but it worked out great. We had a fabulous day and cannot wait to go back.

DH and DD went straight to Clip N Zip when we docked while myself and DS walked down to Mahogany Bay to check that out. Clip N Zip folks told DS and I to come back in 45 minutes but we then waited for another 45 minutes for DH and DD to get back to the start. It was a bit frustrating waiting so long especially knowing that we still had Bodden Tours waiting for us. DH and DD LOVED the Clip N Zip though and were happy they did it.

We finally made it to the meeting area for Bodden Tours and thankfully Tex was still waiting for us. I had emailed them to let them know we were going to be late but we were much later than expected. Tex was AWESOME...like getting together with a relative. He realized that we didn't have a lot of time so he really helped us see everything we could during that time. I had asked to stop at a grocery store to get some coffee which we did. We then went to the monkeys and drove through West End (it would have been nice to get out and walk around here) and then he brought us to Infinity Resort which is the same beach area as Tabyana. The resort is beautiful! We couldn't use the amenities there but we could have lunch and use their beach. It was a great day and one that we did not want to end. It was a bit of a rush to get back to the ship but we did manage to shop at Mahogany Bay for about 20 minutes and still make it back on time...although a bit late for dinner. Again, it was a day my family will always remember.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived