How many Bags?

SparrowLegs

Hi,

Flying out this Friday with Thomas Cook to Barbados to join the Ventura, baggage allowance 23kgs pp plus small cabin bag 5kg pp. Didnt give it much thought untill I just got the cases down, we have a matched set of 3 cases and 2 cabin bags, all fit in the large case for storage, great. Problem is the 3 cases are of differant size obviously and hold different ammounts. Just to be sure I was ok to take the 3 cases totalling 46 kgs, I tried unsuccessfully to contact TC at Manchester airport, so I tried my local TC branch and they assured me it would be ok. I then contacted Gills who I booked the cruise with and they tell me that only one piece of luggage each will be allowed. I told them what TC had told me and it appears if you book with TC you can take more than one piece of luggage.

My understanding is that P&O control the amount of baggage and not TC as the whole plane is chartered by P&O.

I was told by P&O - 1 case each not exceeding 23Kg (don't think you can even pay for excess weight). I hand luggage bag each not exceeding 5KG and not larger than 43cm x 28cm x 23cm. If a lady takes a handbag it must go into one of the handluggage bags.

There are lots of posts on here about the situation if you search through - some peeps have been checked for HL and some haven't - just your luck I think.

My understanding is that P&O control the amount of baggage and not TC as the whole plane is chartered by P&O.

I was told by P&O - 1 case each not exceeding 23Kg (don't think you can even pay for excess weight). I hand luggage bag each not exceeding 5KG and not larger than 43cm x 28cm x 23cm. If a lady takes a handbag it must go into one of the handluggage bags.

There are lots of posts on here about the situation if you search through - some peeps have been checked for HL and some haven't - just your luck I think.

You reminded me why I don't fly-cruise! I am such a heavy packer, can't imagine how you all do it!

Archived