scooter or chair

bruisersgrandma

When I was first looking for an electric device I decided I needed a chair but since mine was coming from the VA I was sent to see a physical therapist for an evaluation. Given my specific needs (height, weight, trouble standing, etc.) they decided I needed a scooter with a height adjustable seat. I couldn't get close enough to the seat of the chair to sit safely with the foot rest in the way. With the scooter, the chair turned to the side so I was close enough to sit safely. I highly recommend seeing a PT before deciding what to do.

I don't know anything about the Go Z but I love my GoGO traveler. It breaks down to 4 pieces and fits in the trunk. It is easy to use and my husband has it together before I can get unbuckled and out of the car!

Everyone's needs are different regarding mobility equipment. This is too important of a decision to make solely on recommendations of others. It's strongly advisable that you meet with a Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapist so that your physical and evironmental needs are considered. It's important that you have the right equipment to meet your own personal needs. Not what others recommend.

Everyone's needs are different regarding mobility equipment. This is too important of a decision to make solely on recommendations of others. It's strongly advisable that you meet with a Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapist so that your physical and evironmental needs are considered. It's important that you have the right equipment to meet your own personal needs. Not what others recommend.

I agree, if you see your therapist of physician depending on your situation, and you can narrow your choice down to two or three specific types or models of vehicle, then perhaps asking opinions of those that have them is a good plan.

It does depend on your level of specialized need etc.

and you never know what will happen, a few weeks ago I was looking for a venue to sell my M51 Pronto power chair because I get around with a cane in my apt. and I use one of my scooters when out.

Glad I didn't because I have taken a sudden downturn and now find I must use the chair all the time in the apt.

Do seek out professional advice from someone familiar with your personal condition and what your future is likely to hold and make a decision accordingly.

Archived