Itinerary Change for Destiny 1/30/10

rkcavender

Just checked my email, got the dreaded email from Carnival. We will NOT be going to Jamaica & Grand Cayman. When we leave on Saturday from Miami.. fun day at sea, cozumel, costa maya, fun day at sea, miami. We will be getting 50.00 per person on board credit. Not happy, but not gonna let it ruin my vacation. And a CHEAP Vacation at that.;)

You could be going to Nassau. They are putting her in Dry Dock on the 13th of Feb. Be glad you aren't on one of the 2 cruises that are cancelled.

I thought that too. We've been planning since August and just barely made it under the wire. My first choice was Cozumel all along - it was the wife that wanted Jamaica and GC. Don't know much about Costa Maya.

Thought I'd give a quick update on what we did for this cruise since we were booked and scheduled to depart on Saturday:

We've both been to Mexico MANY times and really had no desire to travel there for this itinerary. So we called our travel agent, who was able to get us a cash refund from Carnival- yes, I said CASH - refunded back onto the cc. We re-booked with Royal Caribbean for the same dates with ports in Haiti and Ocho Rios. I guess the Haitian island that they go to was not damaged by the earthquake (we'll see:)). And we saved over $100 for booking last minute with RC.

This is going to be our first cruise, and has turned out to be interesting to say the least. :rolleyes: Really, I am just happy to go on vacation! But the option was there to cancel and still receive a refund. I know this has been of much debate lately.

Thanks to all of those who have been posting with helpful information for us newbies - I have certainly learned a lot about cruising.

Thought I'd give a quick update on what we did for this cruise since we were booked and scheduled to depart on Saturday:

We've both been to Mexico MANY times and really had no desire to travel there for this itinerary. So we called our travel agent, who was able to get us a cash refund from Carnival- yes, I said CASH - refunded back onto the cc. We re-booked with Royal Caribbean for the same dates with ports in Haiti and Ocho Rios. I guess the Haitian island that they go to was not damaged by the earthquake (we'll see:)). And we saved over $100 for booking last minute with RC.

This is going to be our first cruise, and has turned out to be interesting to say the least. :rolleyes: Really, I am just happy to go on vacation! But the option was there to cancel and still receive a refund. I know this has been of much debate lately.

Thanks to all of those who have been posting with helpful information for us newbies - I have certainly learned a lot about cruising.

It is great that things worked out so well for you. I am sure you'll have a great time, you have a good attitude about the switch !! :)

Another member said they too were provided with the offer from an email from CCL for a full refund if they elected to cancel.....I think this is pretty standard with CCL on this ship and issues right now and really had nothing to do with your TA providing magic for you. But at least you found another cruise and can still go and saved some $$$'s too ! Have a GREAT 1st cruise !

Archived