Carnival Triumph Anytime Dining

redhawk94

After some quick investigating, it looks like my cruise on the Triumph on Jan. 28, 2010 will be the first time this ship is offering the anytime dining option. I jumped on it and will let you know how it is. This is for everyone that has booked a cruise on the Triumph through Carnival directly that they can change their dining option if they choose by logging onto the Carnival Web site and going to manage bookings.

After some quick investigating, it looks like my cruise on the Triumph on Jan. 28, 2010 will be the first time this ship is offering the anytime dining option. I jumped on it and will let you know how it is. This is for everyone that has booked a cruise on the Triumph through Carnival directly that they can change their dining option if they choose by logging onto the Carnival Web site and going to manage bookings.

What is anytime dining? We are booked on March 13 and have early seating. Please explain.

This is Carnivals attempt to imitate NCL, and a few others. Supposedly, you can go in whenever you want to dine, so if you want to dine at 5:15...5:45...6;00...or when ever...you can go...

however.....

Most people still end up dining, and often arrive to find the room is full and having to wait to eat.

Also...with anytime dining you do not eat at the same table every night and do not have the same server every night...

Travel girl - surprised it wasn't mentioned on your cruise, usually when something new is being implimented its "talked up". Its is starting Jan 28 on the Triumph per Carnival. Hope it works out well.

Yeah, the 28th is the first time the Triumph is offering this option. My wife is shy and hates to eat with other people she doesn't know, so we are looking forward to this option since it seems like we can get a table for two this way. We don't mind waiting, just hope the food is hot.

Travel girl - surprised it wasn't mentioned on your cruise, usually when something new is being implimented its "talked up". Its is starting Jan 28 on the Triumph per Carnival. Hope it works out well.

That is strange, isn't it? We heard no mention of it nor was anything in the capers. The dining room was full every night. We had early dining in the Paris Dining Room, upper and aft.

We did "anytime dining" on the Fantasy in November, and we never waited once. We actually were close enough one evening to have conversation with another couple. The thing we like is the flexibility on excursion days when you don't get back to ship until later. We have always enjoyed dining with other people too, but we're still able to do that in the main dining room at breakfast or lunch when they seat you with others.

Archived