Dress Code

jiiimse

Going on Oceana in March Panama Canal, first time P&O but have sailed quite a few times with Princess, NCL, Costa, MSC and Thompson.

On Formal nights must gents wear a Jacket.

I would normally wear Dress Trousers, Smart Shirt and Tie with a Waistcoat. I find a Jacket Too warm.

Would this be acceptable, or would i be refused entry into Dining Room or Bars. :confused:

The Saffron dining room on Ventura over Christmas was actually very warm, I don't know if we were in a particularly warm corner? (Arcadia I found unnecessarily chilly!)

All the men wore their suit to dinner, but we noticed some at other tables fairly quickly removed their jackets and dined in their shirt sleeves. Interestingly it was more of the older men who did this, most of the younger ones stayed "properly" dressed throughout the evening!

Carol x

Just returned from a Panama cruise! 80 degrees outside but cool in the dining rooms and most people wore evening suit on the 4 formal nights. On the rest of the casual nights people were still dressed very smart. Similar actually to semi formal on summer cruises in the Med!

Just returned from a Panama cruise! 80 degrees outside but cool in the dining rooms and most people wore evening suit on the 4 formal nights. On the rest of the casual nights people were still dressed very smart. Similar actually to semi formal on summer cruises in the Med!

Glad to see it, I think the tradition of dressing up for dinner is one of the things that makes a cruise special.

Archived