Belize Beach Day???

flickgator

We'll be in Belize with Carnival Legend in early March. Can anyone suggest a good beach excursion for just relaxing? My wife and I have been to Belize once before and went on a snorkel trip with lunch included which was great but this time we're taking our 4 year old son so don't think the snorkeling will work out. Just looking for a nice day at a beach. Anyone know of a good excursion or maybe something we can do on our own? Thanks for any suggestions!!

We'll be in Belize with Carnival Legend in early March. Can anyone suggest a good beach excursion for just relaxing? My wife and I have been to Belize once before and went on a snorkel trip with lunch included which was great but this time we're taking our 4 year old son so don't think the snorkeling will work out. Just looking for a nice day at a beach. Anyone know of a good excursion or maybe something we can do on our own? Thanks for any suggestions!!

Belize is tough with little kids because the big draws are the cave tubing and the snorkeling/diving. I am not aware of any beaches that you could head to on your own; you might want to check the ports of call boards for that information.

I would caution you that Belize is very 3rd world, though they are english speaking so there is no language barrier. It is a tender port, so it takes you 15-20 min to get ashore. Once there, there is a 6' chain link fence sectioning off the very small tourist area - beyond that fence it looks like it could get rough.

That said, we had a wonderful time booking the Goff's Caye excursion through the cruise line. We were able to take my DS, then almost 3 with us, even though it included snorkeling as you had the option of going ashore or staying on the boat on this beautiful and tiny caye. My DH took the little one ashore, and then DS (then 9) and I snorkeled from the boat for a while. We then had time ashore and I watched the little one, played in the sand, found hermit crabs, and waded with the fish. He had a blast. It is like 3 hours, so it is not a full day, but quite fun.

Hope that helps.

Last year we used fab tours. We booked them on the pier. The tour guys were great. They have their own private beach island, with lounge chairs, umbrellas, floating mats, and bathrooms. It wasn't crowded at all less than 50 people. It was a nice beach. If you go, there is a beautiful beach area that they really don't tell you about, to find it walk all the way back the wooden pathway. When you get to the beach there, it is paradise, no one was even there, it's the picture of the beach on the website(fabtoursbelzie). They also sell drinks and food there. We are also looking at the Legend for November, and I would love to go back there! They offer a snorkeling package, but also offer just a beach day I think it was $35 or 39 . quote.gif

Friends of ours just returned from their cruise on Sat and they went to Bannister island and loved it. They said it was very clean, the beach was nice, the water was clean etc...

I don't know, I will check with them and ask. They were on Carnival.

Archived