Marriott Biscayne Bay or Hilton Downtown

disneyaholicraquel

Which would you choose???  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose???

• Marriott Biscayne Bay
    • Hilton Downtown

I've narrowed it down to these 2 hotels...the scenario is 2 adults & 2 children checking in on Saturday about 4 pm for 1 night before our cruise. We know there is nothing around just looking to go to Bayside for shopping a couple hours, grab something too eat, hit a CVS type store then crash. Which would you choose if the prices were $77 for Hilton or $99 for Marriott?

I would take the Marriott. I stayed at both about 4 years ago and for a 1 night stay they were adequate. Neither are that nice but at that price in iami you should not expect the world! At least the Marriott has had something of makeover in the past couple of years. I do not think anything has been done to the Hilton recently.

• 2 weeks later...
I would take the Marriott. I stayed at both about 4 years ago and for a 1 night stay they were adequate. Neither are that nice but at that price in iami you should not expect the world! At least the Marriott has had something of makeover in the past couple of years. I do not think anything has been done to the Hilton recently.

The Hilton Downtown Miami just finished their multi-million dollar renovation at the end of Nov. 2009.

Pre-Cruise out of POM

Date: 9/18/10

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Marriott Biscayne Bay

Rating: 3.5 star

Area: Miami Downtown

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $58 (originally submitted $55...wouldn't take that)

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.33

Total: $73.33

I hear ya! I just take comfort in the fact I might have paid more, but I have a guaranteed view of the port/bay because I paid for it! lol

True... I'll pay for a view. Hey can anyone give some details about those shops or whatever that are on the lower level, between these hotels?? Sounds like a place to perhaps grab some water, pop/soda, wine, other pre-cruise necessities? Also coffee, and deli, or other eatieries/shops? Thanks!!

Archived