Princess kids club ??????

mommyx2

Hi all, We have sailed on Carnival, NCL, RCCL but never Princess. We have found a Princess ship the Emerald that we are thinking of taking this summer with 7 & 11 yr old. How does Princess Kids programs compare to others. My kids have loved all the other ships just want to make sure they will LOVE Princess as well other wise they will be bored.. Any other helpful info would be great... Thanks

We love Princess kids club. In general, Princess seems to have fewer children. There were plenty of kids in my daughter's age group(4 year's old). But, not too many that it was total chaos. We've been on 7 Princess cruises and the kids club was great everytime. I'd probably rate NCL the lowest out of 25+ cruises, so if you were satisfied with them, you should like Princess(IMHO).

Hi!

We've booked a balitc cruise on Star Princess for this summer and it'll be our first with Princess.

I tried to get information about the kids club while the ship is in port but could not get enough information, and our TA got some different feedback from the Princess Europe Offices...

As our cruise will be very port intensive, we'd like to let our daughter (8) at the club while we visit some cities, as St Petersbourg for example.

We've always done that with RCCL and it worked great.

->From what I read on their web site, the Princess kids club would be open only from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm while in port.

What if the ship arrives earlier?

On RCCL, the kids club opens 30min prior to the first shore excursion and closes only after the return of the last one.

Is this also the case?

->Are you able to let your child their while you visit the port, even if you haven't booked an excursion of the ship?

If anybody had the answer, I'd be more than happy to know!

I'm currently trying to organize our visits but I can't book any private tour yet before I get a definitive answer to these questions as it would have a great impact on our plans.

Thank you SO much in advance!

Toonye

Hi all, We have sailed on Carnival, NCL, RCCL but never Princess. We have found a Princess ship the Emerald that we are thinking of taking this summer with 7 & 11 yr old. How does Princess Kids programs compare to others. My kids have loved all the other ships just want to make sure they will LOVE Princess as well other wise they will be bored.. Any other helpful info would be great... Thanks

We'll be on the Emerald 4/4 with DS7 and DD10 (almost 11). The research that I did so far has me optimistic! I don't think they will be bored at all. I'll keep you posted...

We took DD on her first cruise last November on the Crown Princess. She is 5 and had a great time. She was in the Princess Pelicans which is ages 3-7. They have Shockwaves for 8-12, and I think Remix for 13-17. DD had a great time at the kids club and we thought it was well run and managed. There was always activities to do (t-shirt painting, craft making, etc) depending on the day. They had kids dinners as well. The kids club was open till 10pm and you could get late night babysitting till 2am I think (we never made it that late). There was not a lot of kids on our cruise, but I think that was more of a function that it was during school. I have seen more kids onboard during spring break. Also depends on the cruise. I think you find more kids on a 7 day cruise rather than something longer. DD would ask us in the morning what time she could go to the kids club, so we know she really enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly and helpful and worked well with all the kids. While, I can not compare the kids club to other cruise lines, I think Princess does a very nice job with their kids programs.

We have loved cruising on Princess as a couple and for the first time this summer will be taking our 10 and 12 yr old with us the caribbean princess for the first time. From what I have read I am feeling pretty confident that the kids will have a great time.

->Are you able to let your child their while you visit the port, even if you haven't booked an excursion of the ship?

Thank you SO much in advance!

Toonye

Yes (unless there is a special rule for Russia). In general, Princess lets you leave your child in the kids club while you go ashore, without regard to whether you're on a ship excursion or not. I've been with my twins in the kids club while in port, and, of course, there are always fewer children, but they all seem to be having a great time. (And I know on our last cruise, my girls were DONE with sightseeing by the time we got to our last stop, and were so happy to just get to play).

I'm so jealous - that's the next cruise I want to do.

I'm so jealous - that's the next cruise I want to do.

Hi Kerry,

I have to admit I'm really thrilled about all these different cities to explore:D

even if it took more than 3 years to my husband to convince me to go to the Baltics

I was (still am!) afraid of getting sick on the Baltic Sea and I know I'll really miss the sun and the heat this summer

So we made a deal :p:

-the carribbean this winter so that I can have enough sun (my husband doesn't like the heat and isn't a beach goer so that's really an effort for him, that'll be the first time in his life where he doesn't go skiing in February, we usually go to Austria)

-in exchange, I accept not to travel to a hot place this summer and go to the Baltics!!

You know everything!

Toonye

Archived