Are Taxis available at the dock in the afternoon?

I've been on many cruises and usually don't take ship tours. However we are doing the Americas Cup in St. Maarten in the morning. After returning to the ship we'd like to get a van driver to take us to the flea market and Orient Beach. Are there still vans and taxis in the afternoon or are they all gone by then?

Taxis will be there as long as you are in port. Most will be bringing back passengers and will gladly take you there, so they can pick more people up who are heading back to the ship.

Orient beach is a really pretty beach. Just a note....it can be a bit expensive to sit in a chair with an umbrella. Around $20 for two of us, but well worth it.

Bobbie

I've been on many cruises and usually don't take ship tours. However we are doing the Americas Cup in St. Maarten in the morning. After returning to the ship we'd like to get a van driver to take us to the flea market and Orient Beach. Are there still vans and taxis in the afternoon or are they all gone by then?

Mary, we did this excursion last year and it was fantastic! At the end of the excursion you go to town to look through their shop to get photos, t-shirts, etc, so you might be able to grab a cab then, if you'd like. They do take you back to the ship, though.

If I can make one suggestion: We took our underwater camera and got some great pictures, including pictures of the boat we raced against (True North). We were lucky enough to have drawn The Stars and Stripes! I wish that I had given one of our cameras to people on the other boat so they could have taken pictures of US.

I got to be at the helm of the Stars and Stripes back into the harbor. What an amazing experience. You will love it!

Have a great cruise.

Michelle

Archived