Oosterdam leaving San Diego empty

alohadad

The Oosterdam is here! She is passing Canada Place and on her way to Ballantyne Pier. Let the Games Begin!

Wow thanks for the update. How exciting. I've been on ships that docked at Canada Place and ones that have docked Ballantyne Pier. Canada Place is much nicer but I suppose that's the sacrifice one pays for being in the RCMP...wait a minute...they're on the Oosterdam...sacrifice? ;)

P.S. You live in one of our favorite places. Are you going to any of the Olympic events?

Wow thanks for the update. How exciting. I've been on ships that docked at Canada Place and ones that have docked Ballantyne Pier. Canada Place is much nicer but I suppose that's the sacrifice one pays for being in the RCMP...wait a minute...they're on the Oosterdam...sacrifice? ;)

P.S. You live in one of our favorite places. Are you going to any of the Olympic events?

The Oosterdam now joins the Statendam and Carnival's Elation -- all at Ballantyne. They haven't positioned any ships at Canada Place as they need to keep any access secure (even though Security personnel will be housed on the ships) as the two Media Centres are located there, both at the Trade and Convention (East and West Buildings).

My husband and I will be working with corporate groups arriving for the Games and will be busy for the entire month of February. The city is changing daily, but it's really getting exciting. The Pavilions and Houses are all being finalized, many road closures happening every day

If I didn't live in the Vancouver area, then the San Francisco Bay area would be my next choice.

The Oosterdam now joins the Statendam and Carnival's Elation -- all at Ballantyne. They haven't positioned any ships at Canada Place as they need to keep any access secure (even though Security personnel will be housed on the ships) as the two Media Centres are located there, both at the Trade and Convention (East and West Buildings).

My husband and I will be working with corporate groups arriving for the Games and will be busy for the entire month of February. The city is changing daily, but it's really getting exciting. The Pavilions and Houses are all being finalized, many road closures happening every day

If I didn't live in the Vancouver area, then the San Francisco Bay area would be my next choice.

It all sounds so exciting. I hope you give us updates. We were there in Spring of 2008 and could already see lots of things going on and lots of changes.

I've always thought of our area and yours as similar and both places where I'd love to live.

It all sounds so exciting. I hope you give us updates. We were there in Spring of 2008 and could already see lots of things going on and lots of changes.

I've always thought of our area and yours as similar and both places where I'd love to live.

For sure, I'll post updates.

C.

The Norwegian Star is not coming to the Olympics at the last minute due to a lack of bookings:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/02/02/bc-cruise-ship-norwegian-star-olympics-cancelled.html

So what is it going to do instead? Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1134715

to find out!

Archived