Grandeur of the Seas 7th floor aft balconies

Has anyone stayed in one of the JS afts on either the GOS or EOS? How was the noise from the lounge below, My sister and I have booked rooms 7150 & 7650 on the GOS and we are now concerned that it might be a little noisy at night. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you

You can find a lot of discussion on this issue in older posts.

We were in 7650 (far starboard end of the aft cabins on deck 7) from 30Dec to 4Jan. You could hear some bass/percussion from the lounge below. The bandstand is actually on the far port side with the lounge oriented across the width of the ship, so our cabin was as far from the bandstand below as you could get. As I said, you could hear something but I didn't consider it annoying. Your mileage may vary.......

RAE

I think one night there was a little "band noise", but it was so faint it was not bothersome. I loved the aft cabin (JS). It had a tea kettle, and I'm a tea lover. Ask for bathrobes. Soot falls on the chairs on the balcony. You don't want to go out and get your clothes/nightclothes dirty. Our last day, heading home, we sat out on the balcony almost all day, It was warm and toasty. Upstairs you needed a jacket/sweatshirt. A cold front had come through, and the ship was going directly into it. We were sheltered from it. A tip - the room often smelled (sewage type smell). We found if we blocked the bathroom vent with the waste can, there was very little smell (but the hall smelled). The bathroom was very clean. The steward often used a product with bleach in it - we could tell when he had been there. Short cruise, but one that I really enjoyed. Nice ship - great room.:) I envy you:D

Has anyone stayed in one of the JS afts on either the GOS or EOS? How was the noise from the lounge below, My sister and I have booked rooms 7150 & 7650 on the GOS and we are now concerned that it might be a little noisy at night. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you

I don't remember our exact GOS aft cabin number for sure but I think it was 7154 or 7156. We were on a 14 day repo but they moved us after a week. At first our complaints of the very loud music from everything from karaoke to movies fell on deaf ears. They said they would call and have the bass and/or the volume turned down but it did little good. Then one night we called and the manager said he would come to our room to hear what we were complaining about. (He noted that we had called nearly every night.) Once he heard the noise (it actually shook the roof in the cabin) he arranged our move to another JS on the side of the ship the next day and had his staff move us. (Which was odd because until then we had been told there were no available cabins anywhere on the ship to move us to. They had been saying the ship was full.) He was very apologetic after experiencing what we had been trying to sleep through.

We had 7652 which is close. Maybe because we were out till almost midnight most nights we didn't hear anything most nights. One night they did have something late in the South Pacific and we heard faint noises until about 12:15. For us it wasn't bad and we'd book that room again in an instnt. Maybe because of the chilly weather we didn't notice any suit on the balcony at all. We loved the large balcony.

• 3 years later...

My DH and I have booked the 10 day Western Caribbean out of Baltimore for November 2014 and I am so excited. We've never had an aft suite and I am looking forward to the stunning views. I wanted a bigger balcony so I can soak up as much sun as possible before I had to get back to the colder weather. Any advice for this cruise newbie? Thanks!

We were in 7150 this past August, and we did have some music sound drifting into our cabin in the early evening hours (9-11pm).

I was surprised since the cabin was over the newly built Diamond Club, until I saw that the Diamond Club did not have full wall enclosures, so the sound travels all around the lounge area.

We have a 10 yr old DD, so there was 1 or 2 nights we noticed the noise as we were all trying to settle to bed for an early excursion the next morning, but would I give up the wonderful aft balcony because of this?

NO WAY.

hope this helps.

My DH and I have booked the 10 day Western Caribbean out of Baltimore for November 2014 and I am so excited. We've never had an aft suite and I am looking forward to the stunning views. I wanted a bigger balcony so I can soak up as much sun as possible before I had to get back to the colder weather. Any advice for this cruise newbie? Thanks!

Leave some time for a nap out on the balcony.:)

Last January, we were on the Enchantment in 7666. There was no noise.

Our friends were in the opposite corner (7166??). There never complained about noise from the lounge below and she is an early to bed person. I have read on the boards that sometimes you hear the music from that corner aft but it doesn't go too late and in general isn't bothersome.

They booked the same location on the Grandeur this January so I would assume that it wasn't a problem for them.

Archived