Paradise Cove in Freeport

krismck

I read some wonderful reviews about snorkeling @ Paradise Cove in Freeport. I think this is the same excursion that Carnival offered known as Deadman's Reef. Does anyone know why Carnival is no longer affiliated w/ this outfit? Does anyone know of transportation options other than taxi for arriving at this resort?

Hi Kris,

I am arriving in Freeport on Feb.19th. I booked the snorkel adventure at paradise cove through their site http://www.paradisecove.com. They provide their own transportation from the ship to the resort and back. If you email Barry at pcove@coralwave.com he will answer any questions you have. They are picking us up at 9am, and because it's a short stop for us, they will bring us back to the ship by 1pm. Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi Kris,

I am arriving in Freeport on Feb.19th. I booked the snorkel adventure at paradise cove through their site http://www.paradisecove.com. They provide their own transportation from the ship to the resort and back. If you email Barry at pcove@coralwave.com he will answer any questions you have. They are picking us up at 9am, and because it's a short stop for us, they will bring us back to the ship by 1pm. Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike! That's exactly what I need to know. Are you sailing on Carnival? I'm curious as to why they no longer use this group?

Hi Kris,

I am arriving in Freeport on Feb.19th. I booked the snorkel adventure at paradise cove through their site www.paradisecove.com. They provide their own transportation from the ship to the resort and back. If you email Barry at pcove@coralwave.com he will answer any questions you have. They are picking us up at 9am, and because it's a short stop for us, they will bring us back to the ship by 1pm. Hope this helps.

Mike

The correct one is:

http://deadmansreef.com/:)

My family did a private excursion to Deadman's Reef/Paradise Cove in November last year. It's a great place. The Paradise Cove bus picked us up at the pier. PROS: Fun beach day, good food, freindly, well run place, good easy snorkeling, not crowded, good value. CONS: None (for me), For others: 20 Minute drive from port, Less than luxurious (but very clean) bathrooms.

Details and photos start in post #75 of this review.

Why did Carnival drop the excursion? Here are some ideas: Short Port Time vs. 20 minute mini bus ride. Paradise Cove's management wouldn't discount low enough for CCL.

If the weather is good, this a great beach to spend the day!

What was you day like at paradise cove.. what activities did they offer? I hear the snorkeling is great, but is there things for not swimmers?

Thanks, going there in June... and looking at this tour for our group.

I can't see any non-financial (i.e., safety) type of reason why carnival would have discontinued a shore excursion relationship. Everything was perfectly fine when we were there on Jan 22nd.

The one thing that I might think of is that our ship got in a 7AM. Barry offered to pick us up at 9. When I asked if he could pick us up earlier, he said he'd "try to have someone there a little earlier". As good as they are, they appear to be a bit averse to early mornings. Maybe it was hard to commit to the hours that were required by Carnival. It is a family run business and is open for the day when one of them gets over there to open it up.

I was glad for the extra time for breakfast. I would have enjoyed more time at the beach.

Here is one picture. I am trying to figure out how to link these to CC so please forgive me if this comes out badly or does not come out at all.

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab155/highbridge5/Freeport%20Paradise%20Cove%20Jan%202010/?action=view&current=CarnivalPrideJan2010183.jpg

I plan to write a full review when I get a chance.

highbridge5

When we went, the wind was coming right toward the beach. The only calm water was on the lee side of those rocks out there. The water is between 1 and 4 feet deep all the way out to those rocks.

For non-swimmers, there is not much to do except sand castles, walking up and down the beach looking for corals and shells and sitting on a lounge chair enjoying the sun. They have a covered deck for shade but there is no place that has A/C so if you are with someone sensitive to the heat, you want to be aware that there is no place with A/C.

They do not have lockers but will keep your pocketbook/wallet behind the counter for you.

The day we were there it was the 5 of us and another group from our ship of 15 so I wasn't worried about it.

CarnivalPrideJan2010183.jpg

Another picture

CarnivalPrideJan2010185.jpg

hb5

Archived