Disappointed

prncsscruiser

As I think I've said before, DH and I have sailed on the Paradise twice and will be again next month. We actually 'like' the Paradise, it's a very comfortable and friendly ship. No, she's not brand new and shiny with all the bells and whistles, but the food is very good the drinks are very good, the beds are comfy, the ship is clean, the crew is very friendly and you're on the ocean, that's enough for me!

That's exactly what I would expect from an older, smaller ship and nothing less. I just don't get the excuse that because they're being used for shorter cruises they shouldn't have those standards. I'll take comfortable, clean, and friendly.

As I think I've said before, DH and I have sailed on the Paradise twice and will be again next month. We actually 'like' the Paradise, it's a very comfortable and friendly ship. No, she's not brand new and shiny with all the bells and whistles, but the food is very good the drinks are very good, the beds are comfy, the ship is clean, the crew is very friendly and you're on the ocean, that's enough for me! Since you are with friends, you will have a great time if you 'think' you will have a great time. Go into any vacation with a bad attitude and that's exactly what you'll get. Have a great cruise!

I'm going to give it my best and I do have an open mind, it's all the naysayers that get to me.

Like I said, if the food is okay (and I can get a burger) I'll be fine. What intrigues me too is the ship size.

Most on this thread have stated a 3 day (or in my case 4 day) cruise on a small, older ship is not a good judgment (and I agree with NUNU, it should be the same as longer cruises) of a cruise line. I have taken a 4 nighter on HAL and they are the same as the 10 nighters. But back to ship size,,everyone states this as this being a smaller ship. Is that by size or by passenger count? I have been on HAL's largest (at the time) ship, the Eurodam, and the passenger capacity is about the same as the Paradise. That tells me CCL must have some really HUGE ships compared to these old Fantasy Class ships.

I'm going to give it my best and I do have an open mind, it's all the naysayers that get to me.

Like I said, if the food is okay (and I can get a burger) I'll be fine. What intrigues me too is the ship size.

Most on this thread have stated a 3 day (or in my case 4 day) cruise on a small, older ship is not a good judgment (and I agree with NUNU, it should be the same as longer cruises) of a cruise line. I have taken a 4 nighter on HAL and they are the same as the 10 nighters. But back to ship size,,everyone states this as this being a smaller ship. Is that by size or by passenger count? I have been on HAL's largest (at the time) ship, the Eurodam, and the passenger capacity is about the same as the Paradise. That tells me CCL must have some really HUGE ships compared to these old Fantasy Class ships.

Ron I read it all too and having said that will be booking the Elation out of Mobile. I've never been on a small ship but am warming to it. I just don't correlate that we need to settle for less on a short cruise as far as service or cleanliness are concerned. Doesn't work that way in my book, nor should it in others.

Yes, you can get a burger, the Paradise has a great grill! I haven't been on a 3-day yet, but have been on 4 and 5-days and 8-days and I don't see any difference in the quality of the food or cleanliness of the ship or friendliness of the crew. The only difference is the actual size and age of the ship. Yes, Carnival does have some pretty big ships compared to the Fantasy class. DH and I were on the Splendor last October and to me it was almost too big, I personally really like the Fantasy class sized ships. Some folks are looking for all the fancy stuff that we don't need and so don't need to pay for. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Paradise (we'll be on her the week before you and will make sure she's ready for you!).

I cannot believe that someone thinks they can tell the quality of people by the amt of time the cruise is....

We took a 5 day cruise on Carnival and Carnival took our money just as they would have had we booked a longer cruise.

yes for the amt of money we pd we would expect the shower drains to be running and the room to be rust free.

I think that if anyone on this board posts anything neg about a cruise that people are so narrow minded they cannot beleive things are as stated. And you will be attacked in writting.

I for one will not post on this board any longer.

And what concern is it to ANYONE how long a person waits to post a review? Some of us do have a very busy life and have more to do with our days/nights than read or post to this forum.

Just a guess, but this isn't a Carnival cheerleader!!!:eek:

My first cruise was on the Ecstasy, 4 day and to ports I would never intntionally go to again, (Catalina Isalnd and Ensenada), but it did get me hooked on cruising. My Princess cruise, the food was the best by far, but I have always thought the food on Carnival was very good, for the most part. On HAL, had a great cruise, but the water in our bathtub turned my hair blue, and we paid a lot more for that cruise. Blue hair though, did not ruin my cruise, just saying higher end ships aren't perfect either. I agree, try another Carnival ship, Spirit class are wonderful, both the Legend and Pride were two of my favs. I am guilty, however, of judging a whole cruise line by one "bad experience" on a ship, and that would be my RCCL cruise. So, I do know how you feel.

Ron I read it all too and having said that will be booking the Elation out of Mobile. I've never been on a small ship but am warming to it. I just don't correlate that we need to settle for less on a short cruise as far as service or cleanliness are concerned. Doesn't work that way in my book, nor should it in others.

The Elation is a fantastic ship! I have done a 7 day and a 4 day on her, loved her both times. Crew is fantastic, food was great. Ship is beautiful. Both of my cruises on her, the piano bar was fantastic. Only ship, except HAL and Destiny, the piano bar was worth the stop by.

The Elation is a fantastic ship! I have done a 7 day and a 4 day on her, loved her both times. Crew is fantastic, food was great. Ship is beautiful. Both of my cruises on her, the piano bar was fantastic. Only ship, except HAL and Destiny, the piano bar was worth the stop by.

I fully expect we'll have a great time, no reason that we won't.

Archived