Prepaid OBC's vs. Early Saver OBC's

hvyhttr21

If I put some OBC's on my S&S account prior to the cruise and also have some OBC's as a result of the ES program, which is used first. Seems like a silly question, but here is why I ask.

-ES OBC's are not paid at the end of the cruise if they are not used.

-Unused protions of the purchased OBC's applied to my S&S account (to avoid having them tie up my checking account for weeks) are paid out at the end.

So, which one get's used first?

If I put some OBC's on my S&S account prior to the cruise and also have some OBC's as a result of the ES program, which is used first. Seems like a silly question, but here is why I ask.

-ES OBC's are not paid at the end of the cruise if they are not used.

-Unused protions of the purchased OBC's applied to my S&S account (to avoid having them tie up my checking account for weeks) are paid out at the end.

So, which one get's used first?

Good question and I have wondered about that too. Some have reported actually getting paid for their ES OBC at the end of the cruise :confused:.

I am hoping that Carnival applies purchases to the non-refundable OBC first. I also wonder if the different types of OBC are actually segregated in the S&S account.

Really? Nobody knows the answer to this? Common sense tells me they take from the non-refundable ES OBC first. The purchased OBC would probably be treated as if it were a credit card attached to the S&S account. It would only be used after the ES OBC was used up...

It does seem that the ship's pursers routinely refund unspent Early Saver OBC - not clear if they can't distinguish or are too busy to care.

You could visit the Purser and ask that they assure that your non-refundable OBC is used first? You could use Travelers Checks instead of pre-purchasing OBC and add the Travelers checks when your ES OBC is spent?

ken

Archived