P & O and Princess Captains Circle

donna5

Can any of you tell us if and what Princess Captains Circle status and benefits are given on P & O cruises.

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid that the answer is none. Neither cruise line recognises your status on the other. However, if you are a member of either scheme then nights spent on either line count toward your status on both lines.

Both schemes are similar and both have three tiers. To get to the top tier on P&O you must spend 150 nights aboard. On Princess it is 150 nights or 15 cruises. Unfortunately, things are not quite equal when it comes to awarding points for nights spent on the other line's ships. Princess awards full credit in the Captain's Circle for each night or cruise spent on P&O. P&O are less generous and only award half credit in the Portunas Club for each night spent on a Princess ship.

After 12 cruises with P&O, I took a 7 night cruise on the Grand Princess last year. After the cruise, my Captain's Circle account shows full credit for my P&O cruises and Platinum status. My Portunas Club account showed that I had been credited with 3 1/2 nights for my 7 night cruise with Princess.

Happy Cruising - Mick

The benefits differ quite markedly

P&O's top tier

• 10% on board discount (terms apply)
  • Dedicated Loyalty Manager
  • The Portunus Club Party (terms apply)
  • Exclusive special event during your cruise (terms apply)
  • Dedicated check-in in Southampton†
  • Priority embarkation in Southampton†
  • Exclusive embarkation lounge on board†
  • Welcome gift

Princess's top tier

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

Priority Tender Embarkation

Priority Disembarkation

Shoe Polishing Service

Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary.

Complimentary Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Upon request, your cabin steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Captain’s Circle!

ELITE CABIN AMENITIES PACKAGE

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up according to your personal preferences.

Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests.

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

10% Boutique Discount

Complimentary Wine Tasting

Our Wine Tasting Events are popular and many of our members attend, so we have made arrangements to pick up the cover charge for you! Space is limited at these events so, should you wish to attend, you must confirm with the Circle Host who will contact you at the beginning of your cruise.

Archived