Cocoa Beach-Best Western vs. Hilton?

mspink98

I second guess myself. It's what I do. ;) We currently have the Best Western booked for two nights precruise next month. I just found a deal on rooms at the Hilton for almost exactly the same price. To switch or not to switch?

Might want to check out reviews on Trip Advisor, but in my mind it's a no brainer. Switch to the Hilton. Best Westerns are the most variable of any chain we have ever tried and more often than not that variance is on the negative side. We simply don't use them any more.

I second guess myself. It's what I do. ;) We currently have the Best Western booked for two nights precruise next month. I just found a deal on rooms at the Hilton for almost exactly the same price. To switch or not to switch?

MsPink,

Depends on what you are looking to do, and what nights of the week.

The area near the Cocoa Beach Pier has lots of restaurants and things, and is a center of activity on the beach itself. Great little tiki bar out on the end. Three or four restaurants? You can walk to six or eight other restaurants from the Best Western. Some have entertainment on weekends.

The Hilton is more by itself, but is closer to the "downtown" park of Cocoa Beach..which also has restaurants and bars. You can't really walk anywhere very easily from the Hilton, but it can be done. The have /had a Saturday night seafood buffet that was OK. The Hilton's pool is much smaller...like very small. But, they rent jet skis and such. The hotel is just OK, not significantly upscale.

Although I agree Best Westerns are always a crap shoot, this one is OK, and would get my vote. Hope this helps, and let us know how it all works out, eh? If I am wrong, I want to KNOW I'm wrong :D

Regards,

Johncn

MsPink,

Depends on what you are looking to do, and what nights of the week.

The area near the Cocoa Beach Pier has lots of restaurants and things, and is a center of activity on the beach itself. Great little tiki bar out on the end. Three or four restaurants? You can walk to six or eight other restaurants from the Best Western. Some have entertainment on weekends.

The Hilton is more by itself, but is closer to the "downtown" park of Cocoa Beach..which also has restaurants and bars. You can't really walk anywhere very easily from the Hilton, but it can be done. The have /had a Saturday night seafood buffet that was OK. The Hilton's pool is much smaller...like very small. But, they rent jet skis and such. The hotel is just OK, not significantly upscale.

Although I agree Best Westerns are always a crap shoot, this one is OK, and would get my vote. Hope this helps, and let us know how it all works out, eh? If I am wrong, I want to KNOW I'm wrong :D

Regards,

Johncn

I agree completely.

OK, a followup question-my parents are driving down to see us for a couple of days before we sail and are staying at La Quinta. Not the one on the beach, but the one story older one across the street from the beach. Looks like the Hilton is quite a bit closer to their hotel, is that right?

OK, a followup question-my parents are driving down to see us for a couple of days before we sail and are staying at La Quinta. Not the one on the beach, but the one story older one across the street from the beach. Looks like the Hilton is quite a bit closer to their hotel, is that right?

The Hilton is closer but this area is small. One end to the other in 15 minutes.

We always stay at the BW Cocoa Beach..........great location and its nice to be able to walk to the food and drink at the pier.....no worries about driving!

They are super nice there and I wouldnt stay anywhere else.........headed there Saturday in hopes the shuttle will go up as planned..

Archived