is it ship time or local time

nimbupani

We are scheduled to reach cozumel at 1 PM on Carnival Imagination.

1 PM is ship time or cozumel time. I called a tour operator and they mentioned that it is cozumel, however some in CC said its ship time.

Please help

Times are always ship time. That is the time of what ever port you sailed out of.

If you are looking on the CC website the times listed are ship's times. HOWEVER- what that means is always a bit nebulous. Will the captain change the time on board. When are you traveling? (I wish I could see the posts while I was typing so I could check). The reason I ask that is because in figuring time, you have to take daylight savings time into account, and US does that March 14 (I think it is the 14th) and Mexico April 4. So- good luck in figuring out the time!:rolleyes:

We are scheduled to reach cozumel at 1 PM on Carnival Imagination.

1 PM is ship time or cozumel time. I called a tour operator and they mentioned that it is cozumel, however some in CC said its ship time.

Please help

When you arrive in Cozumel, it will be 12 PM local (Coz) time.

If you are looking on the CC website the times listed are ship's times. HOWEVER- what that means is always a bit nebulous. Will the captain change the time on board. When are you traveling? (I wish I could see the posts while I was typing so I could check). The reason I ask that is because in figuring time, you have to take daylight savings time into account, and US does that March 14 (I think it is the 14th) and Mexico April 4. So- good luck in figuring out the time!:rolleyes:

We are sailing on coming monday Feb 1st

We are sailing on coming monday Feb 1st

That takes care of the concerns about daily savings time or not. I was advised to ask on the ship and then ask again on shore and keep track. It is all very confusing.

But have a great time and don't miss the ship.

I asked the tour operator and she ask which ship and told us it will be 1 Pm to 10 PM local time. I am trying to reach out to carnival to see

We were on the Imagination in June, and when we arrived it was 12 Cozumel time. I was worried about arriving at 1 and not being able to enjoy Nachi, but with the extra hour we had plenty of time.:)

Returned yesterday from a Western Caribbean cruise that departed from Fr. Lauderdale. We ALWAYS stayed on ship time. And there are always TONS and TONS of crew members who are all very knowledgeable and can answer any question you have ever. They are wonderful!

Archived