RollCall: Carnival Legend, May 2, 2010

timbuk

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I hear that the 'guarantee' cabins are being assigned now. Not sure how that will effect your selection, but good luck.

I hear pretty good things about this class/ship.

• 2 weeks later...

D&K,

Cameron & Kyle here. Looks like you found a good room and location. We're on the same side, one deck below.

We're driving down this time. Found a hotel/parking deal and I didn't mind the idea of going down a day early either.

I've been reading a lot about the ports, but no excursions selected yet. Hoping to find a "try scuba" package either in Cozumel, or Belize. Probably stay on the ship in G.Cayman.

Glad you were able to find your way onboard.

Even though its only about 2-3hrs to the Tampa port from where we live, we drive down the nite before, too. We stay at a hotel that provides parking during the cruise, transfers etc for about the same as parking at the terminal alone.

We always have a great time on cruises regardless of the ports, ship, weather etc. Cozumel and Caymans are standards on the Western Caribbean route, but the 2 other ports will be new to us. This cruise will most likely have a Friends of Dorothy meeting, and we have met more people there than the cruise critic message boards.

Just 2 weeks away . See you soon.

Doug & Kevin

It is getting very close, and I'm very ready to go. Not literally! Much to do there.

Looks like we'll be diving in Cozumel and checking out some ruins in Belize. I honestly don't care what we do. I'm just looking forward to the break.

Never done the FOD thing, but will keep an eye out for them in the daily posts! What is it now? FunDay? FunSomething...? Anyway, I'll check for it.

This is a kick-back trip for us without plans or schedules. Usually we have tagged the other gay couples before FOD meetings, along with some 'straight' married guys who are cruising. Regardless, we will all have a great time. Doug

Hi Doug

No plan or schedule sounds good to me too.

I'm guessing that by the time we get to Cozumel, I'll be ready to do something. And I've always found the ruins interesting. Aside from that, I'm going to enjoy a lot of nothing. Kyle likes to play blackjack some, but that is lost on me. It's fun to watch him though. Makes me a little nervous.

I've convinced Kyle to leave really early on Saturday. So we'll be down in time for lunch and pool time! Our schedules are so different, this is really our only time together- so we try to make the most of it. We'd been dating for 3 years before we took our first cruise. It occurred to me then, that the trip was the first full week we had spent together. Crazy. Since then we try to save a week for ourselves and have some fun.

I'm sure you'll tag me before I see you. I wasn't blessed with the radar!

sounds like us some as well. I work 2-3 days a week, kevin has classes 4-5 days a week. even on weekends he has to catch up or I'm on the go. It's nice to be able to forget schedules for a while. We both play blackjack and usually do the tournaments. I suspect we will hide out on the ship in Caymans, then maybe to a beach for part of the day. Nothing special for Belize, though we probably will go into town eventually. At Roatan we are going with another couple on a private tour to the west end/west bay beach area, some cameo factory and something else the other lady wants to do. We will be staying at the Ramada Westshore and plan to arrive in Tampa after lunch Saturday. They will shuttle us to & from the cruiseport. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Doug & Kevin

Archived