My family's review of the Pearl - 1/16 - 1/23 - We loved it!

debnpaul

You will see continued developments on GSC including expansion of the beach area as well as the addition of other activites.

I hadn't heard that to date - but that would be great!! It really could be very lovely I'm sure, with just a little more room to spread out. Thanks for giving that update - I hope the developments happen soon!

Thats good to know but I still missed my 2 over easy eggs each morning. Glad to know it was not part of the cut back problem which seems to be on-going with a lot of the cruise lines.

When I saw that photo of the BA with beds down and out it made me glad to have booked the mini suite for 4. We had way more room even if the girls did have to sleep on the same huge sofa bed.

There is room to walk around the bed when out and get to the balcony. The reason I mention that is others here have said the mini-suites are no bigger then a BA and much more crowded with 4 in them with the only advantage being a bigger bathroom. It's way more than just a huge bathroom and IMO if you can get it for only a few hundred more it's worth it.

Our son is 6ft 3 - we've booked a mini suite AFT on the Pearl - do you think the bed will be big enough? On the Jewel last year in a BA, his feet hung off the end of the bed.

thanks

A pier so that tenders were no longer needed would be a welcome improvement. Disney has a pier at its Castaway Cay...makes it soooo much easier for everyone--especially grandparents--to come and go throughout the day. This would be a real quality-of-stay improvement.

Our son is 6ft 3 - we've booked a mini suite AFT on the Pearl - do you think the bed will be big enough? On the Jewel last year in a BA, his feet hung off the end of the bed.

thanks

The sofa in the BA (is it the same as the sofa in the mini-suite?) is wider than a twin, but it's length was close to the same as the regular bed, maybe just a tad shorter. So, I'm sorry to say, but my guess is that your tall son's feet will be hanging off the end of the bed. At least it's wider than a twin!

I had a hard time on here trying to understand just what type sofa bed is in the mini. It does not pull out like a normal sofa sleeper bed. It is more like a futon bed where the back to the sofa is one side of the queen size bed and the part you sit on is the other side you sleep on. I did did not measure it but I'm 6 foot and had plenty of room with my feet not hanging over. The mini sofa beds are way bigger than the regular BA sofas which are more like a single sofa sleeper bed that pulls straight out.

Do you remember what movies were playing in the cabin?

We kind of avoided TV for the week - part of vacation escapeeism ;), so I don't remember anything specific - I'm sorry!! Hopefully someone else will come along and will know.

Debbie

We kind of avoided TV for the week - part of vacation escapeeism ;), so I don't remember anything specific - I'm sorry!! Hopefully someone else will come along and will know.

Debbie

I understand.;) Maybe someone else will remember.

I actually like to get into my very cozy bed after a long day and just watch a movie late at night.

I also was asking for my kids.:D

Last week on Pearl I remember the Julia Childs Cooking movie, UP the cartoon movie and Ironman. I'm sure it changes at least month to month.

While I've had worse TV stations/movies on other ships the Pearl sure has a small screen. 13 inch I think it was.

DebnPaul:

Hi....we are going to be on the Pearl next week. Could you please tell me who you booked your trip in Tortola.

We used Speedy's and purchased a package from them that included ferry service roundtrip, lunch at the Bath & Turtle restaurant, and the taxi transportation from the Virgin Gorda dock to the Baths. I think that was $48 per adult, and $40 for children. There was an additional park fee of $3 per adult at the Baths to enter (no charge for children).

The lunch was fine... it was nothing special though and ended up taking a little more time than I'd wished, but we did have time for everything at the Baths before it was time to head back.

We purchased this package right at the ferry dock, we did not make advance reservations, we just walked up a half hour before ferry departure to purchase them. There is information on Speedy's website as to the ferry schedule each day.

The Baths are terrific - we enjoyed the day thoroughly. Hope you do, too!

Archived