Has anyone Shipped Luggage to Galveston?

Reneek

Many will think this is ridiculous, but between two fifteen year old girls and myself (DH will manage) - we are going to have way too much luggage for our car trunk. Six regular wheeled bags plus garment bags for formals will never fit in our trunk. Has anyone ever found a solution such as shipping additional baggage to a local UPS Store?

I am not positive but I think it would be more economical to rent a car or minivan to drive to the port. Or drive a rental as far as the airport and then take a shuttle to Galveston. You gotta figure at 50 pounds more or less those suitcases are going to cost a fortune to send....might as well drive to Galveston, buy a suitcase and then buy all the stuff to put in it.

You do know that the ships have laundromats on board so you can wash your clothes as you need to. :)

I tend to really over pack and the most luggage I have ever had for our family of three was 3 wheeled duffels and a couple carry ons.

Thanks dosi. I had DH read your reply and there was "no comment". I always wanted a minivan or Tahoe but that was a "no way". We have a luxury car with minimal passenger room, average trunk space and "no room" for us over packing women. What's a girl to do but call Avis and use our "capital one" card... HMMM, gotta work on that as I'm getting a "no".:D

Archived