Great Bay - Pay for Beach Chairs?

Wonders10

Hi everyone,

Thinking of just doing our own thing, and taking the water taxi into "town" to swim and sun at Great Bay, then have lunch and do some shopping. Do we have to pay for the beach chairs to get one? Anyone know how much? If no chairs are available for some reason, can we just lay out on a towel?

Thanks!

*Shannon

P.S. Anyone hear any recent news on the "dirty" sewer water in Great Bay? It looks so pretty, and on a warm day I will really want to go in!

We were at Great Bay Beach last week (and now it's 10 degrees out and snowing icon9.gif). We got chairs in front of the Holland House Hotel. It was $15 for 2 chairs, and umbrella, and either a bucket of beers (5) or 2 cocktails for the day. We were the only ship in port, so it was no problem getting chairs, even at 1pm when we finally got there. Also, no sewer problem that I was aware of.

We were at Great Bay Beach last week (and now it's 10 degrees out and snowing icon9.gif). We got chairs in front of the Holland House Hotel. It was $15 for 2 chairs, and umbrella, and either a bucket of beers (5) or 2 cocktails for the day. We were the only ship in port, so it was no problem getting chairs, even at 1pm when we finally got there. Also, no sewer problem that I was aware of.

How was the entry into the water? Was it gradual or was there a steep decline? Thank you.

How was the entry into the water? Was it gradual or was there a steep decline? Thank you.

I've never actually been in the water, but in my research, someone posted that it is a rather sudden drop off into the deeper water, but not sure how far out it goes before that happens. Or if the entire stretch of beach is that way.

There is a sudden drop. When the water is about to your knees-thighs, it drops about a foot or so to your waist. You aren't suddenly in over your head--it might be an issue for smaller children though.

This sounds sort of stupid, but can you "see it" so I know to prepare myself?

Archived