Parking at NYC Pier Question

SmokinJoe

I am cruising on Carnival in April 2010

Is your car in a covered multi level parking garage or is it ouit in the open, and is it secure at the Port Parking area? 24 hour security?

Is it easy to get in an out when you arrive and when you return.

Plane, train, and bus does not seem convenient, time wise, so I thought drive and park would be the way to go. I read were they do not take reservations, what are the chances that the parking area would be full?

If anyone has all the answers or some of the answers it would be helpful.

Thanks

Joe.

I am cruising on Carnival in April 2010

Is your car in a covered multi level parking garage or is it ouit in the open, and is it secure at the Port Parking area? 24 hour security?

Is it easy to get in an out when you arrive and when you return.

Plane, train, and bus does not seem convenient, time wise, so I thought drive and park would be the way to go. I read were they do not take reservations, what are the chances that the parking area would be full?

If anyone has all the answers or some of the answers it would be helpful.

Thanks

Joe.

Suggest you go to the port page for more info.

I can tell you that when we cruised out of NY last fall found out the charge for parking was $ 30 per day at which point I decided that taking a bus to port authority and than a cab to the pier was the way to go.

Was not going to pay $ 210 to part my car for a week.

We park at the pier in Manhattan for NCL and use a covered parking garage. The parking lot used in Brooklyn by Cunard and Princess and perhaps some Carnival ships was an open lot as is the RCCL parking lot in NJ.

We've never had any problems parking at the pier--other than the price about doubling in one year. We only paid $19 per day in NJ a couple weeks ago. Next year we are going back to NCL in Manhattan but will be splitting the cost with relatives. Glad we have a minivan.

The parking is on top of the piers, so your car is out in the open. We've done six cruises out of NYC and have never had a problem parking at the piers. In and out is easy. There have always been plenty of parking spaces. Yeah, $30/day is expensive (what isn't expensive in NYC?) but since we sail with 4 people it's still cheaper than the train.

Suggest you go to the port page for more info.

I can tell you that when we cruised out of NY last fall found out the charge for parking was $ 30 per day at which point I decided that taking a bus to port authority and than a cab to the pier was the way to go.

Was not going to pay $ 210 to part my car for a week.

Never thought of that.

How much is the cab fare from the port authority to the pier, and how far is the port authority from the pier?

Thank you all for your answers, very helpful.

Joe

Archived