Liberty with 5 and 6 year old

Hi,

I will be travelling on the Liberty of the Seas with a 5 and 6 year old (April 18th). We were planning on using the Adventure Ocean program and was wondering if we needed to pack anything special.

Do they need a little backpack to bring swimsuit or do they do not go to the pool with the program?

Should they wear running shoes or are flip flops ok? Wasn't sure if they played sports or anything?

Anything else we should know or pack?

My husband and I have cruised with Royal Caribbean 3 times before but it's our first with the kids.

Anyone know if the Adventure Ocean staff speak french?

Thanks

Pack what you want to use with them yourselves. When they go into Adventure Ocean they take off their shoes so flip flops are great. They do not take the kids to the pool or other areas but sometimes take them to Johnny Rockets for the lunch if you sign them up for it and they do a parade at some point around the ship which is always fun.

I am not sure about the french but I am sure you can check when you get on board.

Thanks for sharing - is there anyone else that can share their experiences with Adventure Ocean too? We will be on the Liberty Feb 28 with our 7 yr old son. Do they have just one activity at a time that the kids work on, or are there other options? Also, what about the evening times? Are there things for the kiddo to do if hubby & I wanted to see a show after dinner? I've been looking on the family boards and gotten some info that way. Also have found some old copies of compasses and such... the more info the better!!

It might take some time, but I did a search on here for Liberty kids and came up with numerous posts. If I were you I'd also scan reviews for more info.

We've only cruised since our kids were teenagers, but my son in particular always participated in the Teen programs and enjoyed them. It always looked to me that young kids in the AO program all seemed to have a great time.

Evening activities include dinners at Johnny Rockets,Movie night etc..I know they'll take them to the show in the theaters on certain night and they have a meet and greet were the kids get there picture taken with the captain.They also have pirate night which is real cute.They get dressed up as pirates and parade around the ship for the other guest to see.Real nice.

Yes! They do have specific hours for drop off and pick up but for the most part you can pick them up whenever. The biggest problem you will have with AO is getting them to leave! The last time my 5 year old DD went was last summer and she talks about it all the time. They will have a blast.

At sea days I remember having to pick her up for two hours for lunch and then dinner and then port days they will keep them all day and take them to lunch for you if you sign up for it (I think you have to ahead of time). I was always thankful they closed during those time because otherwise it was hard to get her to spend time with me. While she was with me she kept asking when she could go back.

Activities include games, songs, movies, pajama party, pirate parade, etc. They have a wide variety of fun for sure.

Archived