MSC Magnifica / Musica class Stateroom questions....

tc80tc80

I know that no one has actually sailed on her yet. We are booked for Eastern Med 11 April out of Bari, Italy with Oceanview no balcony staterooms. But since she is a Musica class ship, the answers should be valid.

1) Stateroom safe..... is it large enough to handle a 15.6" laptop or do I bring the netbook?

2) Stateroom fridge...... Do the stewards check and bill you everyday for any thing missing / used from the fridge or only at the end of the cruise? We had a problem on the Queen Mary 2 as the steward processed it everyday and didn't bother to look in the cupboard to see that everything had been moved there to free up space in the fridge for our food stuffs. It took right up until the end of the cruise to get Cunard to refund for all the fridge contents charges despite having told the steward on the second day where all of the fridge contents had gone.

3) Electrical outlets are 110 / 220V. But which 220V? Italy three prong, UK three prong..... etc?

4) last question. Long shot this one.... Does anyone know which of the oceanview cabins on deck five have the obstructed view? I have not been able to find a good enough side shot of the ship to line up our cabins against the deck plan pdf MSC has online.

I've answered your questions below as best as I can, making the assumption that Magnifica will not be different form other ships in the fleet/class

I know that no one has actually sailed on her yet. We are booked for Eastern Med 11 April out of Bari, Italy with Oceanview no balcony staterooms. But since she is a Musica class ship, the answers should be valid.

1) Stateroom safe..... is it large enough to handle a 15.6" laptop or do I bring the netbook?

The safe size on the Fantasia and Lirica class were the same so I'm assuming it is going to be the same on Magnifica. Don't know the exact measurements but I dont think it would fit. I really don't think it was much more than 12" wide and the door opening smaller than that.

2) Stateroom fridge...... Do the stewards check and bill you everyday for any thing missing / used from the fridge or only at the end of the cruise? We had a problem on the Queen Mary 2 as the steward processed it everyday and didn't bother to look in the cupboard to see that everything had been moved there to free up space in the fridge for our food stuffs. It took right up until the end of the cruise to get Cunard to refund for all the fridge contents charges despite having told the steward on the second day where all of the fridge contents had gone.

MSC bills daily for things used from the mini bar. They prepare a bill and leave it in your cabin to sign. So if you are going to take things out of the mini bar to make room for your own things, I'd suggest you leave them in plain sight (say on the unit above the fridge) or explain that to your cabin steward.They lock the fridge up on the last night of the cruise whilst you are at dinner. They take out any of your own belongings and leave them for you

3) Electrical outlets are 110 / 220V. But which 220V? Italy three prong, UK three prong..... etc?

The outlets are US outlets and European (2 prong, not UK) that you find in France, Spain, Italy etc

4) last question. Long shot this one.... Does anyone know which of the oceanview cabins on deck five have the obstructed view? I have not been able to find a good enough side shot of the ship to line up our cabins against the deck plan pdf MSC has online.

Sorry, not a clue, You could check the other Musica class ships but that will still not be any guarantee as the Magnifica is going to be a bit different in that it is going to have a Yacht Club, this mean mean other changes in layout/location of cabins elsewhere.

Thank you for the information. Here is what I have found since yesterday....

1) Stateroom safe..... I followed a link from another website and found recent pictures of the staterooms onboard MSC Orchestra. In one of the pictures is the front of the safe. I recognized the model and know that my 15.6" laptop will not fit.. even diagonally. So netbook it is....

2) Fridge..... I will make sure the steward knows on embarking that we will not be consuming anything from the fridge and where we will store it in the cupboard. I will have to make a note to reload the fridge before dinner the final night.

3) Electrical outlets type...... Also found a closeup picture of the electrical outlet plate above the vanity in the stateroom. Adapters for UK to Europe have been acquired.

4) Obstructed views on deck 5....... Managed to lineup our cabins with lifeboat stations on deck 8 and it appears that we will have normal round porthole view.

Archived