Destiny Cabins 6363 and 6371

deej696

We are cruising with some friends on the Destiny in a couple months, and we have reserved cabins 6363 and 6371. Obviously I chose these after researching here and learning about the larger balconies. Has anyone ever booked these two balconies together (or similiar on the other decks), and if so are you able to open the partition between them? When I was looking around months ago, I seemed to remember seeing someone's picture where they had, but now I can't find it.

Thanks all!

Cabin 6363 8A OSQN 185/75 sq ft

Beds: queen bed rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 6371 8A OSQN 185/75 sq ft

Beds: queen bed rab:0

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 6373

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Are they allowing/opening balconies again? When we cruised on the Destiny (it was last Feb, so things might have changed of course)....they would not open the balconies up "for safety reasons" for us. We asked right away at the Pursers desk, and even tried to convince our cabin steward....nothing doing.

Others in our party were told no as well (we had 12 cabins total).

So DK1 if I am reading your first post correctly, 6363 does not connect to anyother balcony? That seems odd to me, no?

Just passing on the info I found. I'm really partial to the aft, myself!

Just off the Destiny. We had the L shaped cabin above yours (7319) and we opened 4 connecting partitions to the other balconies in our group. We had to request it from the purser but they complied! Have had the 2 L shaped cabins on other ships and the partitions have been opened as well. Have a fun time! We loved the Destiny! Great staff!

We are cruising with some friends on the Destiny in a couple months, and we have reserved cabins 6363 and 6371. Obviously I chose these after researching here and learning about the larger balconies. Has anyone ever booked these two balconies together (or similiar on the other decks), and if so are you able to open the partition between them? When I was looking around months ago, I seemed to remember seeing someone's picture where they had, but now I can't find it.

Thanks all!

Just got off Destiny B2B , 6363 was first cabin...It was great!

Smoothest cruise to date, but missed Key West on 1st and Freeport instead of Grand Turk.

Expect a comfortable KING size bed evn tho the cabin descr say queen.

I'll upload a couple of pics soon as we can.

Only prob. was hot H2o was not consistant temp. Also, Older style CRT TV. Sean was a Great cabin steward.

They'll be drydocking soon.

Mike

Just got off Destiny B2B , 6363 was first cabin...It was great!

Smoothest cruise to date, but missed Key West on 1st and Freeport instead of Grand Turk.

Expect a comfortable KING size bed evn tho the cabin descr say queen.

I'll upload a couple of pics soon as we can.

Only prob. was hot H2o was not consistant temp. Also, Older style CRT TV. Sean was a Great cabin steward.

They'll be drydocking soon.

Mike

Thanks for the review Mike. Our friends are in that cabin and they'll be glad to hear your comments. Do you by chance remember if the right side partition on your balcony was fixed or could it be opened?

• 3 months later...

Well, we have just returned and I'm happy to report that yes these two balconies do connect. Its likely that they aren't "supposed" to, as the open divider blocks one of the balcony doors from the cabin. It was definitely worth it, as the combined balcony was over 40 feet long as you can see in the pic below:D

201005081524161.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mike, those were great!

Still hoping someone can tell me for certain if the balcony partition between 6363 and 6371 opens or not:D

Destiny was our first cruise '09 My Dh and I had 6371 and my Db and his friend had room 6363. We loved it. very spacious. Yes the Balcony partition opens, but it is a pain in the butt, it blocked the door to the room and we had to open and close the partition door everytime we wanted to go back and forth onto the balcony. Finally we just called our Room steward and asked him to close it. 6363 did not have a couch, 6371 did. 6363 had a steward all day long. 6371 room steward had another job from 1200-6pm. so if you need him in that time frame then you would be..SOL

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived