!~! Have I perfected my packing list !~!

Jaymee287

So there it is....I have had a lot of help from cruisecritic on perfecting my list. What to add what to take off. Now somethings are still iffy and are noted.

We will be on a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean leaving from Tampa on the Legend!

There were some people that asked me to post this again because they would like to use the list. So here it is, I hope ya'll find it!

If you have any suggestions don't be shy!

Airline tickets or e-tickets

Passports

Cruise documents

Cruise itinerary

Pre-purchased shore excursion information

Travel insurance information and contact numbers

Driver’s license or picture ID

Medical insurance card/prescription information

Call credit card co. in advance

Call banks in advance

Call cell phone company (International Roaming activated)

Debit card

Credit card

Cash (small bills & singles) or traveler’s checks

Emergency phone numbers

Toothbrush/toothpaste

Shampoo/conditioner

Brush/comb

Blow dryer, hair straightened, curling iron etc.

Razor/shaving gel

Feminine products

Deodorant

Q-tips

Hair de-tangler (iffy)

Body wash

Face wash

Moisturizer

Sunscreen

Aloe sunburn gel

Tylenol

Ant diarrhea (Imodium)

Benadryl covers colds, allergies, motion sickness and helps you sleep

Pepto-Bismol (or tablets)

Advil Cold or Dayquil

Ginger pills or Dramamine (sea sickness)

Chap stick

Bug spray (iffy)

Tide-to-go pen

Antibiotic cream/band aids

Anti-itch cream (iffy)

Hand sanitizer (beach bag- shore excursions)

Make-up/Make-up remover

Extra contacts

Contact solution

Glasses

Camera/Camera case

Disposable underwater cameras or under water housing for digi. cam

Extra camera battery/memory card

Battery charger

Cell phone/charger

Small flashlight or night light

Plug in air freshener with night light (iffy)

Travel clock (iffy)

Zip lock bags (different sizes)

Power strip

Wet Ones

Insulated Mug

Lysol travel spray

Febreeze travel size

Cheap watch

3 oz plastic containers (shampoo, conditioner, & body wash for carry on)

Dryer sheets

Duct tape small roll (iffy)

Rain poncho (iffy)

Notebook (pictures run together after a while makes for easy captions)

Over the door shoe hanger (to keep things organized)

4-6 t-shirts

2-4 pairs of shorts

2-4 swimming suits

Cover-up

Sundress(es)

2 formal nights (can wear the same dress or different)

Casual Dining (nice shorts, capris, shirts, skirts)

Pair of pants

Pair of dressy pants

Capri pants

Underwear (pair for each day + extras)

2-3 bras (swimsuit for most of the trip)

3 pairs of socks

Workout clothes (shorts/tank top)

Light jacket, sweater, or hoodie

Hat

Sunglasses

Beach bag

Flip-flops

Water shoes

Tennis shoes

Dress shoes

We're first time cruisers give us a break! I was the same way when I went to Europe for 2 weeks. I'm sure somethings will be taken off during the packing process, some things I'm debating on taking off anyway. We were just looking for a general idea.

I think its ok to "overpack" as a first time cruiser. On the next cruise you will see what you really didnt need. While the list is extensive, most of the above items dont take up much space.

Thanks for your nicer reply. I'm beginning to second guess myself. All 3 of us are first time cruisers and we are the safe than sorry type of girls. We will split the items up like one brings the hair dryer 1 brings this 1 brings that etc., except the things we are need!

Unless you are doubling up on categories it looks like about 8 pairs of shorts/capris, dresses AND formal dresses, two pair of pants- and no sandals? :eek:

Put it all in a pile about a week before you leave. Consider it every time you walk by.

Take stuff out. Take more stuff out. You have traveled before- remember not needing everything you brought?

Unless you are doubling up on categories it looks like about 8 pairs of shorts/capris, dresses AND formal dresses, two pair of pants- and no sandals? :eek:

LOL! Well we live in Illinois and right now it's snow covered ground and cold. So what better to do one of these days then to get out the suit case and do a trial pack :cool:! lol sounds silly and ridiculous, but when I went to Europe for the 2 weeks I packed and unpacked a ton of times and got rid of a lot of things. So that strategy seemd to work for me and I'll use it again no doubt for this trip.

LOL! Well we live in Illinois and right now it's snow covered ground and cold. So what better to do one of these days then to get out the suit case and do a trial pack :cool:! lol sounds silly and ridiculous, but when I went to Europe for the 2 weeks I packed and unpacked a ton of times and got rid of a lot of things. So that strategy seemd to work for me and I'll use it again no doubt for this trip.

Do you get that in 1 suitcase? Kudos if you did.

On our last cruise (Oz/Nz) I met a lady who had over 100 cruises under her belt. No matter how far or how long she travels, she assured me she only takes one suitcase (not a ginourmous one either!!). Her advice, put aside what you plan to take.......the day before you leave remove 3 outfits....complete outfits. Gotta tell you guys, she was right. When we were packing to leave I had 3 outfits (DH had 3 shirts) that I didn't wear. Think I will try this for my next trip. I will tell you than when my sister and I do the 3 night Monarch weekend getaways, we each just use a backpack.............

I'm also a neurotic 'just in case' sort of person for a cruise. Here's some stuff I was thinking:

Hair dryer - the stateroom should have one, so unless you need an ultra mega powered one, you can leave this out

Power strip - plugging in multiple chargers etc. this will come in handy

Post it notes - I use these to let my cabinmate know where I'll be or what time to meet up and where

Most of your list, although it seems long, is really just toiletries and most can be bought onboard if you need them. Have fun

Jaymee, didn't mean any offense. Have a wonderful time on your first and I'm sure not last cruise!

Lynda

We haven't even left yet and I'm already looking into anothe one.....:rolleyes: lol I'm addicted just from the awesome things I read and the pictures that are posted here on cc. 125 days and counting lol

Looks good. I don't think men will be able to relate anyway- they bring a tooth brush and thats it. I didn't take an over the door shoe thingy but it was just me and my fiance- you have 2 other girls so you'll probably need it. I think it's smart that one person is bringing the hair dryer, etc. I don't think you'll need any more than 3 oz of shampoo or conditioner though- so you may want to leave the big bottles at home.

I don't understand how people only wear a few outfits on a cruise- I mean- do they spend all their time doing laundry or do they spend it in a bathing suit? If you're not a sunbather like me (wore my suit 2x on a 7 day and not ONCE on the cruise ship) then you'll need actual clothes- some people who comment about taking to much litterally live in their bathing suits on the cruise (there's nothing wrong with that if that's what one wants to do).

Happy Cruising!

Looks good. I don't think men will be able to relate anyway- they bring a tooth brush and thats it. I didn't take an over the door shoe thingy but it was just me and my fiance- you have 2 other girls so you'll probably need it. I think it's smart that one person is bringing the hair dryer, etc. I don't think you'll need any more than 3 oz of shampoo or conditioner though- so you may want to leave the big bottles at home.

I don't understand how people only wear a few outfits on a cruise- I mean- do they spend all their time doing laundry or do they spend it in a bathing suit? If you're not a sunbather like me (wore my suit 2x on a 7 day and not ONCE on the cruise ship) then you'll need actual clothes- some people who comment about taking to much litterally live in their bathing suits on the cruise (there's nothing wrong with that if that's what one wants to do).

Happy Cruising!

We have been kicking the shoe organizer around for quite sometime......but we figure with all the little stuff and at our ages 22, 22, 21 at the time of the cruise it'll help!

I would move both bug spray and hair detangler out of the "iffy" into "taking" category. No need to bring large bottles, but the Western Caribbean is very buggy and if you are doing any swimming excursions you will appreciate easily getting the tangles out of your hair. It took me 5+ mintues and a handful of conditioner in the shower to get the tangles out of my hair after snorkeling.

I would bring the lower number of clothing (i.e. 2 pr shorts, 1 elegant outfit). You can rewear things. No one cares.

I would also skip the hairdryer. I have curly hair, well past mid back in length and the ship's hair dryers work just fine for me.

Do you really need your debit card if you have a credit card? I am so hesitant to bring my debit anywhere....maybe it's just me.

I would move both bug spray and hair detangler out of the "iffy" into "taking" category. No need to bring large bottles, but the Western Caribbean is very buggy and if you are doing any swimming excursions you will appreciate easily getting the tangles out of your hair. It took me 5+ mintues and a handful of conditioner in the shower to get the tangles out of my hair after snorkeling.

I would bring the lower number of clothing (i.e. 2 pr shorts, 1 elegant outfit). You can rewear things. No one cares.

I would also skip the hairdryer. I have curly hair, well past mid back in length and the ship's hair dryers work just fine for me.

Do you really need your debit card if you have a credit card? I am so hesitant to bring my debit anywhere....maybe it's just me.

Good point on the debit card!!!! Thanks I never really thought about it like that!

On the Splendor this past Oct. I didn't need to bring any toiletries. There was a basket full of everything I needed including razors. I am not planning on bringing anything but my toothbrush and a little makeup. I hope the Miracle has the same basket! There was a hair dryer too.

eek! That would be my worry, they wouldn't have it then I would have to purchase it! lol

Archived