!~! Have I perfected my packing list !~!

Jaymee287

[quote name='Jaymee287']Yes ma'am one suitcase and a carry-on![/quote]

I second that motion for one suitcase and one carryon. I usually put an outfit or two in the carryon, just in case it is needed. I have started to double up on pants or capri's and match them up with two tops. No one will ever know if you are wearing the same pants or not, save space and cuts down on the decison of what to wear.

[quote name='5waldos']Unless you are doubling up on categories it looks like about 8 pairs of shorts/capris, dresses AND formal dresses, two pair of pants- and no sandals? :eek:

Put it all in a pile about a week before you leave. Consider it every time you walk by.
Take stuff out. Take more stuff out. You have traveled before- remember not needing everything you brought?[/quote]

That's what I do - I start packing a week before and start adding/removing as the week goes by - mostly removing!

I did find that I overpacked shoes and t-shirts last cruise.

Extension cord for me is a must - it really came in handy. It is just a small travel one with extra plugs.

And one thing I never forget - I always take something to journal so that i can journal each day so that I don't forget things!

I can't wait to start packing!

We wondered at finding duct-tape in the list, wich seems otherwise to err toward overpacking slightly but otherwise OK.

Not only do we not see why, we could do without on most journeys, and it's available univerally at ports if you need it, - but it was also confiscated by ship security on entry on our last cruise. Why bother with bringing this?

that a set of pillow cases fit in when purchased.. I save/empty/wash hotel sample, and small bottles to empty my usual stuff into..re-label, and pitch the empty one, and start on the 2nd..then pitch whatz left. I have OTC meds, makeup/hair stuff..and it weights about 1 1/2 #'s..so you wont be carrying home what you left with. A good source of re-usuable bottles..is your fave hairdresser they can save perm and other product ones for you..most are 2 to 4 oz. I know how much of anything I need for a trip of 5 days to 3 weeks..dont get stuck w/ some pricey BIG bottle of stuff and hate to pitch it. I have an ARAMIS (GWP incentive set) bottle I have been using for my moisturizer for over 30 yrs! I write on a label the contents, then tape over it to the bottle so it wont smear..and,bed linens bags, and zip lock baggies are your friend..no more fancy schmancy cosmetic bags for me..also use them for my take a long jewelry..a doled out per outfit, in its own bag. same w/ undies, Tee shirts..the BIGger ones are great to stack folded things in, and dispell the air..no slippin/slidin around in the suitcase, and each group of same things are together. Great for the kids, with smaller things.

Thanks for your nicer reply. I'm beginning to second guess myself. All 3 of us are first time cruisers and we are the safe than sorry type of girls. We will split the items up like one brings the hair dryer 1 brings this 1 brings that etc., except the things we are need!

Don't feel bad. I overpacked my first cruise as well. I learned that all the dresses/heels get shuffled to the bottom of the suitcase. Shorts/tshirts/flipflops will be your best friend. I learned they give you a little gift box filled with personal stuff, there are meds on the ship as well. I overpack every vacation I go on. My grandma use to say it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi there...some people also have "motion sickness" problems, my companion on my last cruise got nauceous right after breakfast on the 1st day at sea...literally turned green!!

I had no such bad luck but am the camper type and always prepare...had the transderm patches and they worked like a miracle within 15 minutes of application..here is a link for what's out there and side effects,etc for those who may need!!

http://www.healthline.com/blogs/outdoor_health/2008/12/side-effect-of-transdermal-scopolamine.html

We cruise in 82 day's on the Valor!! Can't wait!!!

Enjoy your vacation....

Patty ;^)

I always bring a highlighter and a back up incase one runs out. I use it to highlight the Capers,Navigator, etc. When I see an activity or show I'd like to go to, I highlght it. That way I won't accidently miss it and then say "I forgot about the __________ I wanted to do!" :o

Archived