Has anyone booked dolphins, manatees at Chankanaab when you arrive

alm64

We will be in Cozumel (on the Valor) March 26. We want to do a dolphin swim or encounter. I would prefer to do it at Chankanaab, but hate to pre-pay, in case there is bad weather. We won't be near any of their locations in the next year, so we would just be out the money.

Has anyone tried or been able to book dolphin and/or manatee programs the day of? Is there usually availability day of or only ahead of time?

We did the royal dolphin swim last October, and it was the best excursion we have ever done... When we were in Cozumel, there were two other ships in port, and after disembarking we went straight to Chakanaab. We arrived at the park about 1 hour early, and they asked us if we wanted to go with the group that was about to go in the water..

It seemed like there were a lot of people at the park doing the swim, but they were still able to fit us in... So maybe you would get lucky and they could fit you in...

However, we booked ahead on their website and got a 25% discount I think, plus free cab fare to and from the park.. I know it's a risk, but that is a huge savings and worth the risk for us..

Anyway, I would check to see how many other ships will be in port with you, and if there a quite a few, you may want to consider making reservations... I don't know the website where you can check on the number of ships scheduled for ports, but if you ask on these boards, someone will tell you...

Also, to end, I will again say that the swim with the dolphins was amazing, I always wanted to touch a dolphin, and always watched from the stands at the seaquariums watching other people get to pet the dolphins, and here you spend more than enough time touching, holding the dolphins, and the superman push swim is amazing....

Donnie

Archived