Jewel- Formal Night Confusion

I've been checking all the posts about the Jewel of the Seas and it seems some people say that they had 2 formals nights while others have only had one. I will be on the Jewel for a 6 night Western cruise in March and I'm trying to figure out what is really going on with this. Anyone know how I can find out how many formal nights there really are?

I waas on the Dec 12 sailing of the Jewel which was a6 nighter. Please be advised that there are definitely 2 formal nights. Have a great cruise! One warning though, if you order breakfast via room service, please expect lousy service...my orders were always late and not always correct!

We were on the Jewel for her first 6 night western car. sailing on 11/14/04 - we were told there were 2 formals however there was actually only one and a "smart casual" the night of the supposed 2nd one. I wouldn't worry about it you're on vacation - do what you want. Even if there was two formals we had all planned on not dressing formal. Once was enough for a six nighter - we were going to dress appropriate for the dining room but not formal - Have a great cruise.

Don't worry about it... just check the travel documents and you will see they tell you everything you need to know. I always wonder why people ask question before reading there travel documents. You would be surprized what is in there. 3-5 day cruises .... one formal.....6-9 day cruises .... two formal.... 10-12 day cruises two formal........... 13 -15 day cruises three formal. IT'S IN THE BOOK.............:p

Yes ... but a lot of people just don't READ their documents. We too, have run into that same change. The only that is sad is that we all plan our clothes for what their guidelines set up and it would be nice if we didn't have to bring that extra change of clothes if we don't need them. Guess you just have to be prepared. But reading an understanding the information they provide is impairative. Goes back to our school days and what teachers would tell us about read the instruction close. Some us never learned that. BUT >>>>> that is what these boards are for .. to help others ...... ASK AWAY...... I know I have ask my share of DUMB question....LOL....

;)

rrmanlht - funny that you suggest people should read before asking questions. Perhaps you should follow your own advice! If you read the OP's comment you would see that the cruise isn't until March - they would not have recevied the travel docs to read!! Isn't this what these boards are intended for - to post a simple question for cruisers who have been there and done that in order to plan your cruise in advance rather then wait till your on board !?

I don't understand why people on these boards have to be so quick to accuse people........

OK, I may overplan (isn't that why we are all here?) but I would also like to know - is it 2 formals or 1? And yes, I will also READ and understand every inch of my documents when they arrive!

Gosh ... everyone .. GET A GRIP...

Most of us have cruised before and know the routine and if we don't after memory lose you would think you could remember from one cruise to another. But as I said before ... that IS what these boards are for. I have asked questions before that I should have remembered.... but CRS ..kicked in and I forgot....lol... So everyone ..... just chill .... have fun and enjoy your cruise ... I know we will... very soon....

I have cruised before on several RC cruises of different lengths all of which I can remember very clearly thank you. However, even if I was a first time cruiser (or a forgetful one) I would still be entitled to use this forum for which it was intended- free exchange of cruise information - not preaching on reading comprehension or knowledge retention. If you had been following the 6 night Jewel postings you would see that there as been a few discrepancies on the number of formal nights hence this posting and the interest in it from several other posters. I, as well as other future Jewel cruisers are only looking for a response from knowledgeable sources - your posts however have not added one bit of helpful information. I do appreciate those posters that are able to add helpful responses - thank you.

we sailed western 6 nighter on Jewel 12/12 - 12/18 two formal nights! We were surprised by thath, thankfully had checked baords and were prepared for the two nights!

Happy sailing

Ria

Thanks to those who were able to answer my question! As for rrmanlht, I have yet to recieve my travel docs, and once I do I will look at those. I go away to school and so I need to start my packing now. Also, if there are two formal nights, I will want a second formal dress- so i need to do some shopping. I don't think it's silly to ask before my cruise docs arrive. I'm big into pre-planning and pre-packing so you'll have to excuse me using these boards for asking a question where I have seen different answers. And yes, I don't want to over pack or under pack for the dinners. I have been on 2 previous cruises, but each one including this one have been different lengths so i can not refer to those for dinners.

Again, thank you to those who were able to help :)

Thanks to those who were able to answer my question! As for rrmanlht, I have yet to recieve my travel docs, and once I do I will look at those. I go away to school and so I need to start my packing now. Also, if there are two formal nights, I will want a second formal dress- so i need to do some shopping. I don't think it's silly to ask before my cruise docs arrive. I'm big into pre-planning and pre-packing so you'll have to excuse me using these boards for asking a question where I have seen different answers. And yes, I don't want to over pack or under pack for the dinners. I have been on 2 previous cruises, but each one including this one have been different lengths so i can not refer to those for dinners.

Again, thank you to those who were able to help :)

Well....beachbum84 ...

I really didn't mean to afend anyone.... I guess it was taken the wrong way .. but I do like helping .... The one thing that I know has been pretty consistent is the number of formal nights .... but they can change when you got to sea. Our last cruise on Galaxy ...the dress code changed but we still had the number of formal nights .. but they came on different nights than orginally planned. I do hope you get packed with the number of outfits you need.

Now for a little more help. We have found that if you put each item in a separate plastic laundry bag before putting them in you hanging clothes bag it will really help keep the from wrinkling. And if you roll all of your shorts and tops instead of folding them and laying them on top of each other that really helps too. My mother is already packed for Sundays departure on Rapsody and we are confident that she will not need our steamer. We bring it just in case someone in our party needs it. It does really do a good job and they haven't said anything to us about having it. SO I hope this helps you a little ... Have a great trip. WE are going too....and very soon.....

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT ..... LOL....

LOVE TO ALL

Archived