Mercury Sky Suite Amenities

anna4004

We have reserved Mercury Sky Suite 1203 and would like to know something about the room. How is the balcony?

Also, any information about the amenities and the Butler service. I know the TS is free for Sky Suites. How about the spa?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi - You're in for a treat! The Mercury 10-day Mexican Riviera was our favorite cruise out of a dozen so far - it was also our Honeymoon. We haven't been in Sky Suite #1203 but have been in other SS's on Mercury. You probably know that the SS's on deck 12 have much larger balconies than those on deck 10, but that the deck 12 balconies have "cut-outs" that may face either forward or back depending on the cabin. Check the deck plans for that particular cabin. You also probably know that there is a public area on deck 13 that allows anyone up there to see you out on your balcony, although there is an area with a canvas cover right next to the sliding glass doors. Very few people actually go up there, and there is a sign asking people to be considerate of the guests in the SS's. I don't know square footage, but those balconies are big - I attended a cocktail party for twenty people on one, with room for a table, chairs, and a circulating Butler.

Regarding "amenities," there's the butler, of course, who will serve you any meals in your cabin, assist with any entertaining you want to do, come by with tea at 4 p.m. and hors d'ouvres at 6 p.m., bring you cappucino and generally try to help with any (reasonable) requests. They're not yours alone; they're also serving other cabins, but they generally try to help if they can or get someone else to take care of it. The cabin itself is not lavish: it's larger than a regular balcony cabin (240? square feet vs. 179 square feet) and basically has the same furniture in a larger space. Probably the nicest extra feature is a larger-than normal marble bathroom with a tub. You're correct, the Thallassotherapy pool is free for suite guests, but there's few other extras to speak of: pillow "menu," larger breakfast menu for room service, umbrella and binoculars in your room come to mind.

You may want to browse the Celebrity board on Cruise Critic to read more about your cabin and about Mercury.

If you want to hear more details, also post this question at the Celebrity thread.

I am sure you will find someone who has been in this or similar type cabin

Hi Bruce,

I have heard great things about the cut out. But, I chose the square balcony because it seems much larger and I didn't think about the view factor at that point. Most people like myself think about size first.

I was also thinking about the deck above us, but it is just one deck above us and I don't think a lot of people would be on it.

The butler will be something new to us, so I like to know what he can or can't do. For sure, we'll be ordering breakfast and perhaps a couple of dinners. I like the tea service, too.

I have been reading the Celebrity board and definitely, it has been very helpful.

I am so looking forward to this trip. Hopefully, we'll be able to go as I have my own business and it has been 4 years since we had a vacation longer than 4 days. And, we only did that because it was Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks for your answers.

Anna4004

We will be flying to Seattle a few days before our cruise to Alaska. After the cruise we will spend some time traveling around the area. This will be our second cruise to Alaska. The first time will left from Vancouver and cruised to Anchorage. This time Seattle round trip. We'll keep in touch and I will let you know about SS1203.

Babyg

Nancy,

I will definetly let you know about SS1203. Have you been on the Zuiderdam? We just came back from our first HAL cruise (Volendam- New Year's cruise). Loved it so much we booked the Zuiderdam for 12/30/05.

Hi Babyg,

It's great you'll be spending some time before and after your cruise in Seattle. We've been thinking about doing that. Yes, I would like to keep in touch and hear about your Alaska cruise. I hope I will be able to cruise Alaska, too. Are you doing any excursions?

Babyg,

No, the only other cruise line we have sailed on was Disney. When will you be sailing? Have you decided on any excursions? We are booked on the Caostal Helicopters in Juneau, and Island wings with Michelle while in Ketchikan. We have also rented a van in Skagway for the Emerald Lake drive that everyone raves about! Nancy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband and I sailed the Mercury a few years ago and stayed in the SSuites. Our butler was wonderful and even unpacked my clothes and after I picked out what I was going to wear in the evenings for dinner he made sure it was pressed etc., We also had a few beautiful full course dinners on the balcony.

ONE MAJOR detriment - our room was one deck down from the Exercise room. EVERY morning at 7:00 we heard jumping from aerobics etc., and EVERY evening around 4-6 - the same thing. Since the ship was full they were unable to do anything about it!

Though we had a great time - it cannot be listed as our 'favorite cruise' - just be careful where your cabin is!!!!

C&T

I think she was not on the sky deck. If you are on deck ten there is some noise and the suites are not as nice as the ss on the SKY deck. make sure you are on deck 12 all those suites have great verandas. I was in 1205

vlnovak,

I think you are right - though it was a 'butler' suite we could not get the SS - I apologize. I do not remember the cabin number but still think that the price of a butler suite should not have to endure - bang, bang, bang!

The 'butler' part was fantastic!!!!

tpg

Archived