Chops wine dinner

gdpups

DANG! It's $75 pp at Chops!!! YIKES!

We just did the wine-dinner at Portofino on the Voyager.

Ever the value conscious person I am, I just googled all the wines we were served and was pleasantly surprised to see that they bottles ranged in retail price from $9 to $30. The wine-dinner menu on the website was exactly what was served at dinner.

DH and I thought the Pinot Grigio (sp!) served with the first course and the wine served with desert best complimented the dishes they were served with. We were also surprised to realize that the meat course itself was basically tasteless without the accompanying sauce. Again, we didnt feel the red wines complimented the dishes they were served with BUT DH and I have our own taste buds. Your experience will definitely differ.

We would not do it again (don't think the meal plus wine paring is worth another $54.50) BUT we did enjoy the experience and we would pay the $20/$25 to dine in a specialty restaurant again.

I would suggest that you book it.

DANG! It's $75 pp at Chops!!! YIKES!

We just did the wine-dinner at Portofino on the Voyager.

Ever the value conscious person I am, I just googled all the wines we were served and was pleasantly surprised to see that they bottles ranged in retail price from $9 to $30. The wine-dinner menu on the website was exactly what was served at dinner.

DH and I thought the Pinot Grigio (sp!) served with the first course and the wine served with desert best complimented the dishes they were served with. We were also surprised to realize that the meat course itself was basically tasteless without the accompanying sauce. Again, we didnt feel the red wines complimented the dishes they were served with BUT DH and I have our own taste buds. Your experience will definitely differ.

We would not do it again (don't think the meal plus wine paring is worth another $54.50) BUT we did enjoy the experience and we would pay the $20/$25 to dine in a specialty restaurant again.

I would suggest that you book it.

SAS - thanks for the details - we have the Portofinos wine dinner booked next month on AOS.

I had dinner in Chops on the Mariner this week. It was my first time. It was a major disappointment. Ive had a better sirloin at Fridays/Applebees/Fill-in-other-lousy-chain. The onion rings were the exact same as those served in Johnny Rockets and the Succotash looked and tasted like it came from a can.

Portofino on the other hand, was outstanding. If there is a wine dinner offered there, go for it.

Archived