Victory Rooms 9291,9292,9285, or 9286?

Splatt

Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms before on the Victory? I know they are "modified" rooms but our questions is "Can the beds still be put together to make a king?" Thanks for your response and other information about these rooms.:D

BookCCL.com site says twin/king for all these rooms, so I think you're good to go.

Cabin 9285 4H ISTW 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin is modified for wheelchair users.

Cabin 9286 4H ISTW 185 sq ft

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

Cabin 9291 4H ISTW 185 sq ft

Cabin 9292 4H ISTW 185 sq ft

The sideways rooms then yes they make into king. We saw one on the Liberty last year and tried to book one this year...but they said you could get bumped (even if you choose that cabin) if someone came thru with a real need.

splatt:

Remember modified rooms are larger due to being able to accommodate a wheeel chair. If you do not have a wheel chair person in your group you can be bumped from this type of room. I booked one last year and was bumped when a handicapped person booked after me. I ended up three floors from my other friends. Not worth the risk to me.

• 4 years later...

Last September went on my first solo cruise on the Carnival Victory. Had a fantastic time and am planning to go on another Carnival Cruise this September. The cruise on the Victory was a 5 night out of Miami. As an airline employee I get excellent treatment from Carnival as usual when booking. Lauren Rich takes care of me and suggested this cabin. Though I'm not disabled. This was a last minute booking and this was one of the few cabins available. It's an inside cabin. No big deal for me. I'm only in my cabin to clean up and sleep. This cabin was in excellent shape and was well looked after. Had a great steward. Bathroom extremely roomy (wheelchair accessible designed). The TV was an old school tube model. This cabin would have easily gotten a 5 star rating for me but one thing dropped it down to just a three. And that was the air conditioning. Due to some health and personal comfort issues I generally am hot blooded (my range of comfort runs much cooler than average.) Where most people are comfortable at an average temperature of 75 degrees F. I prefer a range of 64 to 72 degrees. When checking into my cabin there was a box fan inside. This should have set off alarms in my mind that there could be comfort issues. The room tended to be stuffy and warmer than I like it. Whereas other areas of this ship you could hang meat. I called guest services several times and they sent different staff up. The first time on the first evening a statuesque leggy Russian woman came up with a digital thermometer and took the room temperature. Her gadget read 72 degrees but this was directly under the air conditioning vent. She said this was an adequate temperature as Carnival cabins are to have a temperature set point range of 68 to 74. I'm guessing the average temperature was between 74 and 76 where my head meets the pillow and at the small desk and bathroom. I told legs that if my cabin could be around the lower range of that temperature range I'd be fine. Called again the next day and they sent an engineer who took the temperature and it was 75. He said he'd check out the air handler and make adjustments. I called two more times with the same results. With the fan blowing the temperature was manageable. They made some adjustments and with the fan running the room at it's coolest would hit 72 degrees which was OK. Otherwise I had a fantastic time and give Carnival Great raves. As mentioned I'm planning my 5th. cruise. It will be 5 out of 5 cruises on Carnival. That's saying something. Another observation the spa locker room looked old school with beige lockers. It was clean but showed it's age. I was used to bright airy modern locker rooms on the Fascination and Imagination. Overall the Victory though showing it's age was in very good shape and to me the main dining room and common areas looked renovated. Interestingly enough I was told the Victory goes for an extreme cruise ship makeover at the end of this year. If I was taking this ship I'd again stay in cabin 9-286 if the air conditioning issues are resolved. :cool:

• 7 months later...
Last September went on my first solo cruise on the Carnival Victory. Had a fantastic time and am planning to go on another Carnival Cruise this September. The cruise on the Victory was a 5 night out of Miami. As an airline employee I get excellent treatment from Carnival as usual when booking. Lauren Rich takes care of me and suggested this cabin. Though I'm not disabled. This was a last minute booking and this was one of the few cabins available. It's an inside cabin. No big deal for me. I'm only in my cabin to clean up and sleep. This cabin was in excellent shape and was well looked after. Had a great steward. Bathroom extremely roomy (wheelchair accessible designed). The TV was an old school tube model. This cabin would have easily gotten a 5 star rating for me but one thing dropped it down to just a three. And that was the air conditioning. Due to some health and personal comfort issues I generally am hot blooded (my range of comfort runs much cooler than average.) Where most people are comfortable at an average temperature of 75 degrees F. I prefer a range of 64 to 72 degrees. When checking into my cabin there was a box fan inside. This should have set off alarms in my mind that there could be comfort issues. The room tended to be stuffy and warmer than I like it. Whereas other areas of this ship you could hang meat. I called guest services several times and they sent different staff up. The first time on the first evening a statuesque leggy Russian woman came up with a digital thermometer and took the room temperature. Her gadget read 72 degrees but this was directly under the air conditioning vent. She said this was an adequate temperature as Carnival cabins are to have a temperature set point range of 68 to 74. I'm guessing the average temperature was between 74 and 76 where my head meets the pillow and at the small desk and bathroom. I told legs that if my cabin could be around the lower range of that temperature range I'd be fine. Called again the next day and they sent an engineer who took the temperature and it was 75. He said he'd check out the air handler and make adjustments. I called two more times with the same results. With the fan blowing the temperature was manageable. They made some adjustments and with the fan running the room at it's coolest would hit 72 degrees which was OK. Otherwise I had a fantastic time and give Carnival Great raves. As mentioned I'm planning my 5th. cruise. It will be 5 out of 5 cruises on Carnival. That's saying something. Another observation the spa locker room looked old school with beige lockers. It was clean but showed it's age. I was used to bright airy modern locker rooms on the Fascination and Imagination. Overall the Victory though showing it's age was in very good shape and to me the main dining room and common areas looked renovated. Interestingly enough I was told the Victory goes for an extreme cruise ship makeover at the end of this year. If I was taking this ship I'd again stay in cabin 9-286 if the air conditioning issues are resolved. :cool:

Was the room smaller or less closet space because of larger bathroom?

Actually, this cabin seemed nice sized. More of a square layout as opposed to the traditional narrow hotel room type. Closet was a bit smaller. I had no problem with that but I had to place my medium to large size fold out bag on an angle to close the closet door. I recommend this cabin if you can get around that. Only other issue was the air conditioning. With a fan most people would be comfortable. Enjoy your cruise. You can't beat the location of these cabins. Hope this helps.