Booking with SHIPBOARD CREDIT

aussieonwater

I would strongly suggest you call the cruiseline directly before you cruise and verify the shipboard credit is on your account. My Mom and I went on an Alaskan cruise in late August and when we booked we were told we would each be getting a $100 shipboard credit. No where on the documentation mentioned the credit and all I had was the e-mail from the on-line travel agent I had used verifying this credit. I got so busy I didn't take the time to verify the credit before we left and we didn't have the credit. I had all my documentation but Carnival still wouldn't give us the shipboard credit. After much debate about 6 weeks after we were home I received a check for $200 from the on-line travel agency that I had used.

I still think if I had remember to call ahead and double check with Carnival I would have saved me alot of time and frustration in getting this worked out.

Your shipboard credit does not show on your docs or invoices anywhere.

It will be the 3 item on your sign and sail statement- the first 2 are the auto tips.

I always check with the pursor's desk right after boarding to make sure it is there- that way if it's not they can call while the ship is still inport.

But have never had a problem with it-it's always been there as promised!

My cruise in 10 days shows my onboard credit on my docs. We recieved $100 on board credit for booking our cruise onboard our last cruise.

Once before we didn't get our on board credit and had to hassle with Carnival when we returned home from our cruise to get our $100. Be sure you have something in writing, we didn't the first time, but it all turned out well.

Archived