Norwegian Gem out of Venice

ehogan

Once again, I am relying on my cruise critic friends to help out - I called NCL and they had no information, but this is not new:

I would like to know if there is a shuttle from Piazzale Roma in Venice to the cruise ship ( we are sailing April 24). If not, is it walkable? we will only have a carryon size (wheeled) luggage each.

Thanks so much in advance.

There is a lot of information on Venice airport to hotel to ship to airport on the Italy port section of the boards. I have found out that there are several ways to get to PR because we can go on land or water. There are land buses and taxis and water buses. Some people also walk from the PR to the port and vice versa. We are planning to take the land bus.

Once again, I am relying on my cruise critic friends to help out - I called NCL and they had no information, but this is not new:

I would like to know if there is a shuttle from Piazzale Roma in Venice to the cruise ship ( we are sailing April 24). If not, is it walkable? we will only have a carryon size (wheeled) luggage each.

Thanks so much in advance.

Hello! If there is not a shuttle bus, you can take the new People Mover from Pl Roma to the cruise port. It is 1 Euro per person.

Thanks. We are trying to catch up and all savings tips are appreciated. I'm glad the gondola trip is a go. :)

Hi Ms. Belp! Yay! The Venice Guide and Boat Tour is a "go" for our group. I am excited about that one too.

I keep looking for more savings tips for Venice too. Please share if you find any... So far, the People Mover for 1 Euro is the best tip we have found.

Kim

Another savings tip from other CCers - take the ATVO bus from Marco Polo airport to Piazzale Roma for 3 Euro. Apparently the bus is like a coach with luggage space, not a "local" bus.

This really works for us (I hope!) since we've booked a hotel nr. Piazzale Roma and can walk from the bus station. May not work well for those staying elsewhere in Venice.

May not be as much fun as a water taxi but one heck of a lot less cost. We can use the "savings" for a gondola ride :)

Archived