H/C Review Oasis of the Seas

CaptData

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Oasis so thought I would help with questions too.

There are two banks of elevators on the ship - one foreward & one aft. Inside the elevators there is a button marked gangway. On port days after you have pushed the gangway button and arrive to the debarkation floor AB persons will use the escalator. Persons in wheelchairs/scooters will ask the crew person stationed here to override the elevator down. You cannot override the elevators on your own - you will need a crew persons assistance. To the best of my recollection the crew to override the elevator are only stationed there on port days.

From what we observed & experienced the doorways on regular rooms are very narrow & some of the doors only open partially (3/4 way). We could not fit our power wheelchair or our narrow manual wheelchair into my parents ocean view regular room. Also the doors on this ship open out into the hallway which took a little getting used to.

Archived