Recent Century trip reports?

st john71

St John, we just got back from the 1/18 sailing to Key West and Grand Cayman. We prefer Grand Cayman over Ocho Rios even though it is a tendered port of of call. We were on deck 9 concierge class w/ veranda. we had a very positive experience throughout the cruise and would recommend this ship to anyone. Compared to the mega ships there is not as much to do onboard but that is OK with us. The demographics appeared to lean toward the 45+ group. We never felt crowded and the public rooms always seemed to have seating when we went.

There have been several postings to the cruise review on this site and you may find them helpful.

If you have any specific questions I will try to answer them.

Don

I also was on the 18 Jan sailing. Wonderful time. The captain and kitchen team made several appearance and the entire staff seemed very friendly and attentive. Any port of call with several ships in harbor at the same time can be overwhelming so don't expect much. Food was good, especially the sushi. Disappointed with the spa food, not as tasty as in the past. The guacamole from the grill was great. Only thing I dislike about the Century is the fact that deck 5 has the kitchen between the DR in the aft and the central part of the ship. Get on the elevator in the wrong place and you have to go up and over. But the kitchen tour was interesting, so you can go through :).

The reality is that you will never get perfect reviews one way or another. Reviews will always be mixed, and you need to throughly read between the line on some to determine what is of concern. Overall, a cruise is what you make of it. Remember that if things aren't to your like, speak up about it! It's the only way things can turn in your favor. As long as you keep perspective of it being your cruise getaway, you will have a great time. (I was sick the entire time on my Century cruise last month, and still had a blast!)

Thanks to everyone,, I'm getting mixed reviews and getting nervous!

Don't be nervous. The only review that counts is YOURS.:)

If you go deciding to enjoy yourself, you will.

You know what they say " Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. It's All Small Stuff."

We were on Century in December and it was one of the best cruises we've been on. Service was terrific. Food is ok, but not outstanding. Martinis are amazing- make sure you get to the Martini Bar. It's awesome!

Just got off the boat Monday. The food was great , but service lacked a little .I think most were new and still training. Just took a little more time to get some drinks .Other thing was the pool area closed early even when the papers said like 9. It usually closed at 8 which didnt matter too much except when the pool closed both bars by the pool closed also. Most of the ship was dead by about 9:30 . They did have bands throughout the ship. Get the freshly made waffles for breakfast (at the pizza station) and eggs benedict also wonderful. They also have a casual dining option if you dont feel like getting dressed up for formal night. Its 2 bucks and well worth it . It was never crowded and they would get you something from main dining room menu if wanted .We did it for one of the desserts and just tipped well for him getting it. We were in a balcony on deck 10 Concierge class in the back of the boat. Would stay there again one floor up to bar and food. And there was rarely any noise from above except an occasional laugh. It rocked a lot and loved that also rocked you right to bed. Could here the thrusters when we went into ports but that was our wake up call. I would cruise celebrity over and over again.Anything else just ask and I will try to be not so long winded.

Hi Boomonster...

did you order room service. We are on Deck 9 CC and I've heard good things about room service. Also, we are on the 5 night Western Caribbean and I am guessing formal night is night 2?? do you know... we plan to stay in the cabin as my husband doesn't like to dress up as required on Formal Night. Any info would be great thanks!

We actually only did it for breakfast one morning. we ordered it for around 9-9:30 and unfortunaelty I think it sat around for about an hour . Eggs were rubber and sausage beyond edible. We wanted to eat on our balcony so we thought we would try it. We were in the back of the boat 10 easy steps up to the buffet so we just went up grabbed our food and back to our balcony. Figured it wasnt worth trying room service again.Our formal night was Night 2 Key west day. You should try the casual dining in the buffet area then.You have to make reservations and its like 2 bucks a head.It was really good hubby had french onion soup , ceasar salad, scallops, steak and cant remember what he had for dessert. I had mango soup with shrimp, Alaskan sea bass and a very very rich chocolate cake. They werent crowded at all maybe 3 other couples there at 7:30. We couldnt get a table for 2 in the dining room so this was nice and didnt have to dress up. They didnt have the casual dining every night though .Its in the Celebrity times they put in your room . You can look there.Anything elsse let me know.

Archived