Triumph 8C Balconies?

arom729

Hi, I have a question:

DH and I are booked on Triumph's 3/1 sailing in a 4E inside cabin. For $180 more we can have an 8C balcony. We've never had a balcony before. Does anyone have specific experience in an 8C cabin on the Triumph? Any and all information/advice is appreciated.

Oh, and our total fare right now is $815 for 2, so it is an additional $90pp, according to our travel agent (who spoke with Carnival).

I've had two balconies on Triumph, an 8D (which I would assume is the same as an 8C), and an OS (formerly Category 11). The Category 8 balconies are not huge, even the OS balconies, which are extended, are not really that big, but it is nice to have a private place to sit and watch the water.

The extra daylight is also nice.

My profile pic is the sunset from our OS balcony on the Triumph last June. I was enjoying a drink of the day while my husband showered for dinner and my daughter napped. Convenient.

It's up to you, but in my opinion for $90 pp it is worth it, especially if you had an interior to start with.

I've had two balconies on Triumph, an 8D (which I would assume is the same as an 8C), and an OS (formerly Category 11). The Category 8 balconies are not huge, even the OS balconies, which are extended, are not really that big, but it is nice to have a private place to sit and watch the water.

The extra daylight is also nice.

My profile pic is the sunset from our OS balcony on the Triumph last June. I was enjoying a drink of the day while my husband showered for dinner and my daughter napped. Convenient.

It's up to you, but in my opinion for $90 pp it is worth it, especially if you had an interior to start with.

Thank you for your response!

Anyone have pictures of the actual balcony?

Hi, I have a question:

DH and I are booked on Triumph's 3/1 sailing in a 4E inside cabin. For $180 more we can have an 8C balcony. We've never had a balcony before. Does anyone have specific experience in an 8C cabin on the Triumph? Any and all information/advice is appreciated.

Oh, and our total fare right now is $815 for 2, so it is an additional $90pp, according to our travel agent (who spoke with Carnival).

we had an 8C on triumph in december. actually cabin 7337. exactly mid ship. loved it.midship is our favorite. we have the triumph booked for feb. 2011 and was going to do an inside cabin across the hall from 7337. ater our december cruise my husband had me call and change that inside to 7337 again. yes, for feb. 2011 the rate is 909.00 pp just went down from 939.00 (we had booked this 7 months ago) hopefully it will slide down some. our december cruise was booked at 939.00 and before penalty phase it had gone down to 689.00 many times it went down. so needless to say i am hoping this will happen again.

everyone has their favorite spot, ours is 8C regardless of price.

we had an 8C on triumph in december. actually cabin 7337. exactly mid ship. loved it.midship is our favorite. we have the triumph booked for feb. 2011 and was going to do an inside cabin across the hall from 7337. ater our december cruise my husband had me call and change that inside to 7337 again. yes, for feb. 2011 the rate is 909.00 pp just went down from 939.00 (we had booked this 7 months ago) hopefully it will slide down some. our december cruise was booked at 939.00 and before penalty phase it had gone down to 689.00 many times it went down. so needless to say i am hoping this will happen again.

everyone has their favorite spot, ours is 8C regardless of price.

glad to hear that! I think we want to go for it. I was thinking deck 8 forward, though. I don't really know if forward/aft/midship makes a difference??

• 5 years later...

I have sailed before, but been quite some time. I noticed that you stated that the prices continued to go down......would I need to monitor that to get a good deal, or would my cruise price automatically go down before I make my final payment. Thanks....

I have sailed before, but been quite some time. I noticed that you stated that the prices continued to go down......would I need to monitor that to get a good deal, or would my cruise price automatically go down before I make my final payment. Thanks....

This post is 5 years old :confused:

Edited by 1Honey12
wrong date