Sandals vs. Sunset Beach, Mo Bay

londonbridge247

My wife and I want to spend the day at an all inclusive resort when we stop in Montego Bay. We're interested in a nice, clean, safe beach with good food, drinks, and a good selection of water activities like kayaking, windsurfing, etc. Should we go to Sandals or Sunset Beach Resort? Thanks.

We were considering both for our January cruise. We opted for Sunset Beach since it was half the price. We thought it was very nice. It was too cool to really get in the water so we just lounged around. They have a small water park, several pools & kayaks. Seems like they had a couple small sailboats. Drinks were strong & food was good. DD had her hair braided in their spa for $30 did a great job. They also have an internet station, $5 for an hour. Believe they had phones, $5 for 30 minutes to USA.

We would definitely go back.

• 3 weeks later...

we returned from the conquest a coupel of weeks ago. A group of 10 of us decided to try Sunset Beach. It was $60 per person, and we opted to pay the additional $9 that included round trip transfers. Getting the transfers was a very smart idea. the terminal can get crazy, so we found an info booth, and they called to findout where our driver was...we met him in just a few minutes. James was wonderful, and very engaging. He told us when he would be back to meet us, no trying to call and get a taxi to come to the resort...he was at the front desk as promised! the beach isn't all that great, but the resort itself is nice. Great pools, and a few hot tubs. The water was too cool to go in, but we had fun relaxing and eating and drinking. The buffet was only so so, but the jerk chicken in the grill outside was great! The drinks were great,, and boy do they keep them coming! It was great for our group, seeing as we did not want to venture out on our own. I will tell you, they have youhand over all your sign and sail cards when you get ther(I would imagine to have "collateral" in case you do any damage), and you get them back when you leave. All in all, it was a great time!

Archived