Best Resort on Seven Mile Beach

OBXandCruisin

I am headed there in March and a few people on these boards have told me Sea Grape Beach is a great spot for the day. Nice little bar on the beach. Chairs to lay on - I'm not sure of the charge for the chairs. And a snack bar where you can get lunch. I think it's near one of the Mariott hotels but I'm not positive. You can just ask the taxi driver to drop you at Sea Grape Beach.Actually if anyone can tell me what resorts are nearby to Sea Grape Beach that would be great...thanks. I'm looking to maybe not have lunch at the little snack hut and to go to a resort for lunch that has a nice restaurant. I heard Hemingway's at the Hyatt is really great - any idea how far this is from Sea Grape??? thanks.

NYCchic

The beaches are slowly getting back up to speed in Grand Cayman. Sea Grape beach is locatred between the Public Beach and Marriot Courtyard. They have been open since Nov. 01 (After the storm) and have one of the nicest, cleanest facility I've seen.

Entrance to the beach is free. They have beach chairs ($10.00), umbrellas ($5.00 if you rent them with a chair), towels ($5.00) and lockers ($2.00 per day) for rent. They also have a bar & grill (Calico Jack's) and water sport rentals onsight.

The taxi ride from the pier is $4.00 each way per person. There is always a taxi or two there to give you a ride back to the ship when you're ready to go back.

They do get a little crouded on heavy ship days but EVERYTHING is crowded on heavy ship days except the beaches that don't have any facilities or where it's hard to get a taxi to and from. The beach stretches about 150 yards north of the public beach so there is usually quite a bit of beach to stretch out on..

Archived