Pride and PAcking

pursediva

I had gone through the boards looking for an answer and can't find it, So here it goes...

We are cruising on the Pride leaving February 14... I know it is winter.. I want to know how to pack.. I have a great sweater dress I would love to wear, kinda different from the "normal" cruise wear, but are the temp appropriate for a sweater dress the second night? or has it started to get warm enough for something sleeveless?

Do you pack half warm and half cool? or do you really not need more than one pair of jeans and a sweater?

PLease help a me direct my family on how to pack for this trip.. I am traveling with my husband and three teenagers....

You can wear anything you want, as long as you stay INSIDE! I found it to be cold only up on the Lido deck by the pools.

I found the temps to be very comfortable inside the ship and even wore a sleeveless style cocktail dress on the first formal night of our cruise a couple weeks ago. You actually might be a bit too warm in a sweater-style dress.

Pack casual comfortable clothes that you can layer with only a few summer like clothes and if you plan to eat in the main dining room, a few "dressier" shirts.

We definitely over-packed on our cruise and won't do it again!!

I'm always cold in the dining room and outside at night, so I would totally wear a sweater dress. I do bring a couple sweatshirts and long pants for the evening and usually a black or white cardigan to bring to dinner incase I get chilly.

I had gone through the boards looking for an answer and can't find it, So here it goes...

We are cruising on the Pride leaving February 14... I know it is winter.. I want to know how to pack.. I have a great sweater dress I would love to wear, kinda different from the "normal" cruise wear, but are the temp appropriate for a sweater dress the second night? or has it started to get warm enough for something sleeveless?

Do you pack half warm and half cool? or do you really not need more than one pair of jeans and a sweater?

PLease help a me direct my family on how to pack for this trip.. I am traveling with my husband and three teenagers....

Figure out how much you plan to be outside - balcony, walking along lido deck to get to buffet, sun deck etc. and how much the cold bothers you.

Early mornings and evenings were cool until Nassau. I'd plan on wearing pants on Sunday and Monday and Saturday. I'd plan on pants for dinner on Tuesday. By the time you get to Florida, it will probably be fine in the evening. We brought sweatshirts to KSC and regretted it - didn't need them. It was cool when we walked off the ship but it warmed up quick.

If you have a forward cabin and will be taking the forward most elevators, you'll be walking past the pools (one outdoor, one in a retractable canopy) almost every trip to the Lido buffet. I wore pants most evenings because of the drafts coming in the doors from outside and the walk past the pools.

By Tuesday afternoon, it was shorts weather during the day. Many folks were out on the loungers on the sun deck by mid-day on Tuesday.

The first cruise elegant night, it was cold outside but we were roasting in

the MDR. I am not sure if it was all that body heat or the kitchen heat or they had the heat turned up for all the strapless gowns. I wore a sweater wrap over my knit dress and was too warm. All 7 of us were too warm in our dress up clothes.

For everyday wear, I brought 2 pairs of pants for each person and the rest shorts. The pants got reworn. Oh well. We did not bring any long sleeve stuff. For $15, they'll wash a small bag of laundry while you are in port. It'll cost you $6 and 2 hours of time to do it yourself. If you need pants washed, just have them do it while you are in Nassau.

hb5

Thank you for your replies.. I really wanted to Under pack this time and Not OVER pack like I usually do.. But from the sounds of it, I will bring warm and cold clothes, and probably too many!

Has anyone had luck with a case of water lately.. When we sailed Liberty Nov of 08 we just put a luggage tag on it and it arrived in my room no problems... How is the Pride?? I retain too much water, and recycled salt water is not good for me..

Archived