Sting ray city excursion

MajorDewey

We will be going on the Valor in April and want to visit Sting Ray City off of Grand Cayman. My brother-in-law weighs over 300 lbs. We are wondering if he will be able to get on and off the boat when we get to the City. Some of us have been before but with another cruise line. Does any one know if the boat used by the excursion from Carnival has access for those who are a little, okay, a lot, hefty?:confused:

We booked a private excursion (much cheaper than Carnival prices) through stingray sailing.. you can google them to find address... Michele and Chip are a married couple who run this on their own catamaran, no money needed upfront, pay when you get there, and they pick you up/drop you back right at the port... it was a pleasant experience booking this tour and Michele answers all e mails promptly... That being said, it was cancelled because of a storm that day. No ones fault, very disappointed, hope to do it someday... Good luck.. I am sure she can answer your questions about weight issues and all... :)

We had one such member of our party get in and out of the boat with no problem. However, we booked privately through Red Sail Sports. I don't think we can post the web address, so you may want to google it. They are a first class outfit. We rented a van from Budget and drove to Rum Point, but I think they will also pick you up at the port. Good luck and let me know if you want more info about this option.

In January, we went to Stingray City with Captain Marvin's. Their boat had a small deck off the back which was about level with the water - made it very nice for getting in and out of the water -- very accessible

Archived