Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

well we are from Florida so we have no hockey allegiance...we are mostly football fans but enjoy hockey as a back up.

This is looking promising...I don't do cold though.

Hope you like warm beer......cause she carries hers in the pocket of her cargo shorts:p:D

I've matured. I carry my rum there now. Beer's for later, when I'm too drunk to mind the taste.

Hope you like warm beer......cause she carries hers in the pocket of her cargo shorts:p:D

The boards have a 6th sense these days. :eek:

(WARM beer lemur???? Ew Yuk)

1. I live in Jersey. We can have a civil union. My sister can officiate.

2. We might need ManHo. Does he like hockey? If so, he's cool with me.

well we are from Florida so we have no hockey allegiance...we are mostly football fans but enjoy hockey as a back up.

This is looking promising...I don't do cold though.

Awww... isn't this becoming such a touching thread?

free-love-smileys-876.gif

<shrug>. I moved out at 17 and into a dormitory when I went to college. Drinking age was 18 then, and I had a daquiri every now and then after turning 18. By 19 I was going out 2 or 3 nights a week and drinking more than a few cocktails while staying out until 3 or 4 AM. I still managed to avoid any and all drugs, and I graduated with a 4.0 at my university. Drinking at age 20 is not the end of the world - nor is having late nights of partying every now and then!

I'm 37 and still have several nights a month of overindulging and staying out until 3 or 4 AM - and I manage to keep it together, take care of the house, work part time, and homeschool my children. Children who, by the way, will be allowed to drink in moderation in my home when they are 18...

yep, I had a fun time in college as well...but I do not begrudge my daughter's low key style either..as it is doing her quite well.

I have a question for you....is the drinking age in your state 18 or 21? If it is 18,no issue at all...but if it is 21 and you choose to let them have that drink at 18...also no issue...but if it is 21 and my 18yo is in your house, will you allow her to drink as well? And if she chooses to imbibe, will you be responsible for her should she get in any trouble? And better yet, if my 18yo is in your house and chooses not to have a drink....will you make her feel uncomfortable? Especially if she chooses not to have one because it is against the law to have one? I am playing devils advocate here of course...but since you are the one that may be breaking the law in your state....I am of course correct in my questioning you. However, in no way do I begrudge you the right to raise your kids as you wish...it is just that mine will not be able to spend time in your house as you are not enforcing the law as a parent. I know this all sounds nasty on my part...but that is what devil's advocate questions are meant to do. Finally, if you had my 19yo with you on a cruise...which I know is highly unlikly as we have differing opinions....will you buy them a drink?

While we are both very pleasant people in the real world I would venture to guess....and if we knew each other I am sure we would be more than pleasant to each other....but you would understand that my children and yours would not really be able to have more than a very very casual hello how are you? type of friendship, right? And I know that you would not want us a close friends either...this i understand:)

yep, I had a fun time in college as well...but I do not begrudge my daughter's low key style either..as it is doing her quite well.

I have a question for you....is the drinking age in your state 18 or 21? If it is 18,no issue at all...but if it is 21 and you choose to let them have that drink at 18...also no issue...but if it is 21 and my 18yo is in your house, will you allow her to drink as well? And if she chooses to imbibe, will you be responsible for her should she get in any trouble? And better yet, if my 18yo is in your house and chooses not to have a drink....will you make her feel uncomfortable? Especially if she chooses not to have one because it is against the law to have one? I am playing devils advocate here of course...but since you are the one that may be breaking the law in your state....I am of course correct in my questioning you. However, in no way do I begrudge you the right to raise your kids as you wish...it is just that mine will not be able to spend time in your house as you are not enforcing the law as a parent. I know this all sounds nasty on my part...but that is what devil's advocate questions are meant to do. Finally, if you had my 19yo with you on a cruise...which I know is highly unlikly as we have differing opinions....will you buy them a drink?

While we are both very pleasant people in the real world I would venture to guess....and if we knew each other I am sure we would be more than pleasant to each other....but you would understand that my children and yours would not really be able to have more than a very very casual hello how are you? type of friendship, right? And I know that you would not want us a close friends either...this i understand:)

wow.

"Old enough" and "mature" are two different things. Most 18-year old "men" I've ever seen are more like 15-year old BOYS.

The same could be said about alot of 30 year old men and even women when drinking. I am not saying they ARE OLD enough, but they are certainly old enough if they are serving OUR country. They die for me and you.

for all those that have proclaimed "i'd never serve, even if drafted...":rolleyes:. Im old enough to remember the last draft. The smart ones would take a look @ their draft #, weigh their chances of being called up & would promptly enlist in the Navy in an attempt to avoid getting their tails shot off in the jungle. Unless u ran off to Canada or managed to pull off a deferment of some sort, a couple of big dudes would show up @ ur door & remind u of ur letter from uncle sam.

That poster lives in Louisiana. If she allows her child to have a drink in her presence, she is breaking no law. She would not be legally entitled to give your child a drink. In any case, I can't imagine any rational adult giving an 18 y/o "a hard time" for not drinking illegally. Of course, I can't speak for them, so we will have to wait for that answer.

In any case, I can't imagine any rational adult giving a 19 y/o "a hard time" for not drinking illegally. Of course, I can't speak for them, so we will have to wait for that answer.

Seriously........I have know idea where she pulled that one out of:confused: Well maybe I do:D:p:o

It's just Crusin6's constant and uncontrollable need to defend how she's raised her children (and possibly, explain why she's a better parent than you.)

I've been called many names and accused of many things, but making an 18 year old in my home feel uncomfortable for not knocking back a cocktail? That's a new one!!! And frankly, one that I don't feel requires any sort of response on my part, as any rational human being already knows the answer.

<shrug>. I moved out at 17 and into a dormitory when I went to college. Drinking age was 18 then, and I had a daquiri every now and then after turning 18. By 19 I was going out 2 or 3 nights a week and drinking more than a few cocktails while staying out until 3 or 4 AM. I still managed to avoid any and all drugs, and I graduated with a 4.0 at my university. Drinking at age 20 is not the end of the world - nor is having late nights of partying every now and then!

I'm 37 and still have several nights a month of overindulging and staying out until 3 or 4 AM - and I manage to keep it together, take care of the house, work part time, and homeschool my children. Children who, by the way, will be allowed to drink in moderation in my home when they are 18...[/quote]

So if it does not matter as long as you are responsible, why do your kids have to wait until 18? why not 16 if they are up to it, or 15?

That poster lives in Louisiana. If she allows her child to have a drink in her presence, she is breaking no law. She would not be legally entitled to give your child a drink. In any case, I can't imagine any rational adult giving an 18 y/o "a hard time" for not drinking illegally. Of course, I can't speak for them, so we will have to wait for that answer.

so if 18 is the age no problem...but if 21 is the age and she gives my 19yo or hers for that matter a drink..it is a problem...that is what I was saying

I'm 37 and still have several nights a month of overindulging and staying out until 3 or 4 AM - and I manage to keep it together, take care of the house, work part time, and homeschool my children. Children who, by the way, will be allowed to drink in moderation in my home when they are 18...[/quote]

So if it does not matter as long as you are responsible, why do your kids have to wait until 18? why not 16 if they are up to it, or 15?

A wild guess here..........cause at 18 you are legally an adult:confused:

Archived