Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

Interesting..I live in OH and here is what I found in the Ohio laws:

Ohio Alcohol Laws

In plain English, Ohio law prohibits:

• Persons under 21 years old from consuming, purchasing, or possessing alcoholic beverages
  • Giving or selling alcoholic beverages to persons under 21 years old
  • Having an open container of alcoholic beverage in a public place, regardless of your age. Publicp laces are those which anyone can enter freely and include sidewalks, streets, tree lawns, some outdoor areas of aprtment complexes, and inside parked or moving cars.
  • Using false identification to obtain alcoholic beverages
  • Allowing underage persons to consume alcoholic beverages on your property
  • Punishment for these first-degree misdemeanors can be up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000

Definitely from this it seems a parent can't buy an 18 yr old a beer without being subject to fines and possible jail time..

Ohio Alcohol Laws

• Persons under 21 years old from consuming, purchasing, or possessing alcoholic beverages
  • Having an open container of alcoholic beverage in a public place, regardless of your age. Publicp laces are those which anyone can enter freely and include sidewalks, streets, tree lawns, some outdoor areas of aprtment complexes, and inside parked or moving cars.
  • Punishment for these first-degree misdemeanors can be up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000

Definitely from this it seems a parent can't buy an 18 yr old a beer without being subject to fines and possible jail time..

WOW - Ohio sucks! God Bless New Orleans, I love it!

Actually you can be 17 to join the military and be in combat. I graduated HS at 17. I was 17 when I was in the Marine Corps.

Dave

Same here. However, I left for basic on week after my 18th bday. But, there were a few folks that were still 17 for a while,.

Ohio Alcohol Laws

I guess you skipped over this part of the Ohio law.

Exceptions

It is illegal to provide a person under 21 years of age with beer, wine, mixed beverages or spirituous liquor unless accompanied by their spouse, parent(s) or legal guardian(s).

A spouse providing beer, wine, mixed beverages or spirituous liquor to an underage spouse must be of legal age to purchase the beverage.

http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/waitl_learn_live/drinkagelaw.pdf

Since this was posted earlier on this thread along with a number of others re: Ohio it seems reasonable to conclude you didn't bother reading much of the thread.

Legal drinking age is 21, age to get into bars, 18. Go figure. Minors (meaning UNDER 18) are allowed to drink at home with parent or guardian present. You may not like it, but it's the law here!

so then you will not be breaking any laws in your state if you allow your 18yo to drink in your home....that is all I wanted answered many post ago....so as long as you allow it in your home and no laws are broken then if you want to give your 18yo a drink....at least you cannot be faulted...as no law is broken.

so then you will not be breaking any laws in your state if you allow your 18yo to drink in your home....that is all I wanted answered many post ago....so as long as you allow it in your home and no laws are broken then if you want to give your 18yo a drink....at least you cannot be faulted...as no law is broken.

It kind of boggles my mind that ALL that matters to you is whether I'd be breaking a law by letting my 17 or 19 year old sip a beer under my roof. Really, who CARES?

It's just Crusin6's constant and uncontrollable need to defend how she's raised her children (and possibly, explain why she's a better parent than you.)

But not better than us because we have two Mommies! (ManHo's on board, we're golden):eek:

Ironically my 20 year old and 16 year old heathens are both fine upstanding human beings in spite of me letting them sip a drink...imagine!

and to the posters who said you will most likely get put off in the next port if caught.......pwwwasha....haven't ever seen it happen.

It kind of boggles my mind that ALL that matters to you is whether I'd be breaking a law by letting my 17 or 19 year old sip a beer under my roof. Really, who CARES?

about breaking laws?:eek: I would hope everyone cares...is that so strange?

And it was answered many posts ago.

about breaking laws?:eek: I would hope everyone cares...is that so strange?

Kinda, yeah. Because frankly, my OWN opinion about whether my teen should have a wine cooler under MY roof means a hell of a lot more to me than what the state of Louisiana has to say about it. I certainly wouldn't do it just because the state says I can, and likewise, I wouldn't NOT do it if they decided to make it illegal.

Sodomy is still illegal in some states - if I visited one of them, it sure wouldn't stop me from engaging in it at the hotel with my husband. IMO, same thing. My family, my business.

_quote=Rowan551;23001220]

Kinda, yeah. Because frankly, my OWN opinion about whether my teen should have a wine cooler under MY roof means a hell of a lot more to me than what the state of Louisiana has to say about it. I certainly wouldn't do it just because the state says I can, and likewise, I wouldn't NOT do it if they decided to make it illegal.

Sodomy is still illegal in some states - if I visited one of them, it sure wouldn't stop me from engaging in it at the hotel with my husband. IMO, same thing. My family, my business.

hey..you really have me all wrong..you are right...your family your business.....but regardless of liking it or not...the government is directing your actions....you mention homeschooling so this may not apply to you but....immunizations to start school......seat belt and car seat laws just to name 2 ways...and of course the ways in which you choose to disipline your kids....if needed...many also come under the watchful eye of the authorities.........sometimes it is in one's best interest to actually go with the common wisdom...regardless of wether you agree or not with it......because kids are minors and ultimately will be protected.

FYI..everyone here knows I am quoting Rowan..not myself...apparantly something is wrong with the board.

Archived