Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

I find it interesting when people argue so fervently that "rules are rules" as though they are some mandate from God above. I wonder how many of these people routinely drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit? They are breaking the law every single time. I generally don't speed, but sometimes I've done it when in a hurry and not paying attention, or occasionally just because there is no one sharing the street with me and I don't see the harm in pushing by a few miles per hour. Therefore, as I have occasionally broken the law, I would be hard pressed to criticize someone else for breaking a RULE set by a cruise line, which is actually the subject of the original post.

Are all the people on this thread going on and on about the rules completely innocent of breaking any rules at all themselves? I find it really hard to believe.

Well I think this thread has almost reached its full circle.

In my opinion the whole drinking at home, at a bar, on the cruise ship topic is all about excepting responsibility for what you do... if you give someone alcohol, and they get in trouble, you are in trouble also,

The problem I see is the consequences of what you do. If you are letting your son have a beer at home, then you need to run to the store to get more beer or whatever, and you have him move his car so you can get your car out, and he runs over the neighbors dog let say, you have opened up a big can of responsibility, because he is off your property, when in the street, he is intoxicated, and you supplied him.

I know this is allot of what ifs but "what if" happens, allot in life.

So all I ask is that if you give it to them, be ready to except all the responsibility for YOUR actions.

Kinda, yeah. Because frankly, my OWN opinion about whether my teen should have a wine cooler under MY roof means a hell of a lot more to me than what the state of Louisiana has to say about it. I certainly wouldn't do it just because the state says I can, and likewise, I wouldn't NOT do it if they decided to make it illegal.

Sodomy is still illegal in some states - if I visited one of them, it sure wouldn't stop me from engaging in it at the hotel with my husband. IMO, same thing. My family, my business.

UMMM...tmi,

Ok who has the whiteout:confused:

How do you tell that 'the blond' has been using your office computer?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There's whiteout all over the screen!

But not better than us because we have two Mommies! (ManHo's on board, we're golden):eek:

Ironically my 20 year old and 16 year old heathens are both fine upstanding human beings in spite of me letting them sip a drink...imagine!

and to the posters who said you will most likely get put off in the next port if caught.......pwwwasha....haven't ever seen it happen.

Awesome. Do you guys mind if I take the stepkids down to Atlantic City? It's a rite of passage in my family. My parents took me for my 8th grade graduation. The stepkids are past due.

Awesome. Do you guys mind if I take the stepkids down to Atlantic City? It's a rite of passage in my family. My parents took me for my 8th grade graduation. The stepkids are past due.

And dont forget the annual trips to the brothels in Mexico.

Dave

sodomy and two mommies...this is now my favoritist CC thread ever!

Rowan, I got your point and thought it was funny.

The OP disappeared so I'm sure he found his answer.

I didn't disappear I'm just sitting back enjoying this big can of worms I opened up!

Can I buy beer for my 18 years old son on the ship? I know here in Ohio it is legal for parent, guardian or spouce of legal age to by it for them. Please no negative responses about this being wrong. Please keep opinions to yourself.

last year we were on ncl my son was under age he drink we had to sign a consent form when we got on the ship or when we checked in don't remember know one checked his ID don't know what is CC giude lines or on it this year is of age

Dude, have you ever been to AC? No need to go to Mexico.

Seriously though, I have never been to a brothel. Strip club, yes. But not a brothel.

True story....sister and her boyfriend took me to a strip club when I was 11. They wouldn't let me drink though.:rolleyes:

I DO know what I am talking about- I live in Cincinnati and I am 25- hasn't been that long since it was an issue I had an interest in. The person who is DRINKING the beverage is the one carded. Buy a drink for your son in a bar and see how quickly it becomes a problem. Of course, that's if you are caught. And, if you buy two drinks, they are going to card two people...

My fiance and i went out a couple months ago and the server thought he was using a fake ID (he looks nothing like his 5 year old photo- no facial hair, no glasses and 75 lbs lighter) and not only would they not serve him, they refused to serve me because they didn't want me to supply to him. And he's 26!

I even went on carnival's website (just like you could have done yourself) and answered your question- not my fault if you don't like the answer. :rolleyes:

I also live in Cincinnati area and you definately CANNOT buy alcohol for a minor, or 18 year old. You must be 21!

Archived